"Cartridge Razor Comparisons"

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by rgarr, May 20, 2012.

1. rgarr

rgarr Senior moments member

If you were to use a cartridge razor would you use a Wilkinson or a Schick? Both have 3 blades! I'm just wondering which would be superior as far as the number of passes I would have to make for a clean shave!

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Trac II or Atra. Both are clear of patents so any company can make handles and blades. Only 2 Blades and usually 2 passes to get a good clean shave.

Wilkinson Sword sells the cartridges at a great price at Wal-Mart.
    Dollar General also sells the cartridges made by Dorco in Korea.

Get a really good solid Trac II handle off of e-Bay or from a good shaving vendor.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036PX5NU/?tag=thshde-20

I have one of these and it is excellent. Great finish and balance.

PLANofMAN and gorgo2 like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If money were no object, hands down I'd stock up on a lifetime supply for the ProGlide and dispense with every DE, SE, injector and cartridge razor I own. The PG gives me flawless results every time with minimal passes, with extreme comfort and smoothness (hey, credit where it's due). Problem is, for me, they're prohibitively expensive. That's why my wife owns it; I only use it when I'm in a hurry.

Short of that, GDC nailed it.

newb likes this.
  4. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

If I were going with cartridges I would use something with 2 blades MAX. Anything more irritates the heck out of my face, and they tend to be slightly cheaper than the others as well.

5. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 Member

I use a Trac II occasionally. I have a heavy brass handle and Personna (I think, they're store brand) and Wilkinson cartridges. Okay and does a decent buff if I just want a quick touch up. I have a Fusion, and if it's any indication what the Pro-Glide is like, NO WAY. I'll grow a beard first. And I don't like me with a beard. DEs and Injectors for me, although carts do have their place and use. I can use the Trac II when I travel on SWA and TSA does NOT like DE or SE blades.

PLANofMAN likes this.