CCCP adjustable safety razor (on the way)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Monkeylord, May 9, 2013.

1. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

I've been looking on ebay for a adjustable razor that I could afford, and all the ones that I could actually pay for without weeping are only US shipped, or have a shipping price overly exceeding the price of the razor itself. So I turned to alternative sources :D
    I found a vintage Soviet adjustable knock off of the Gillette slim adjustable for 22$ (with shipping), form a guy in Bulgaria.
    I couldn't find a decent picture it looks like this but in better condition
    [​IMG]
    From what I've figured out it is probably a Consul safety razor manufactured somewhere in the 70's. I' ve read that they aren't as well made as Gillette razors, but at that price I couldn't help myself :bounce015:
    I'll post some pics and a review when it finally arrives ;)

2. kingfisher

kingfisher Active Member

These have been around for quite some time. They are a blatant Slim copy, as you can see.

QC is hit and miss; some of these are reportedly excellent shavers, and others not so much. Good luck. I hope yours is one of the good ones.

Monkeylord likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

In Soviet Russia, you shave razor. :D

I hope you like it and that some poor little babushka and her mustache won't be missing it . :eek:

Monkeylord and Lexicon Devil like this.
  4. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

In Soviet Russia, razor adjust you.

KLF, richgem and Monkeylord like this.
  5. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

awesome. A few years ago I got scammed trying to buy a Russian open comb razor. I have a weakness for those Soviet knock offs.

6. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Scammed?? How were you scammed?

7. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

heh. back in ye olden days before TSD went through a redesign, there used to be a fair amount of buying and selling through the classifieds section. At least I think it was called the classified section...

Anyway, every now and then sellers would sell non-existent razors. That's what happened to me- this guy was offering a range of non-existent vintage Soviet razors for good prices. He was promptly banned. I didn't lose much, thank goodness.

BigT and Weeper Warrior like this.
  8. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I know of two slim adjustable Gillette razors at the antique store for $19.50 each, good condition. Not making a classified here, just saying you know, they still can be had ;)

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

You may want to read this.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/the-rise-of-the-russian-bear.24462/

10. Monkeylord

Yes , they can ...but not on this side of the pond :) I've been on flea markets, antique stores, but that stuff just doesn't sell around here, and there are very few vintage Gillette razors around.

youngunn and GDCarrington like this.
  11. Monkeylord

GDCarrington likes this.