Cella Compendium/Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Legend In My Spare Time, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

I was doing my morning face scrub with Cella and got a mountain of good lather, Santa Claus style beard, and my wife said something funny which caused me to inhale after a laugh...and down it went, lol. Filled my mouth right up, haha.

But, I just had myself a wonderful shave tonight with Cella and my mouth remained lather free. I did try a new blade tonight - Personna Lab Blues and they performed flawlessly with my DE and Cella. A definite keeper.

Kokak likes this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

My order of Cella is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Sunday's shave is going to have a distinctly almondy/marzipan type scent!
    Update: According to Amazon I'll have my Cella by tomorrow afternoon. Oh Boy!
    Updated Update: My Cella is out for delivery by USPS. Should be waiting when I get off work! Sunday's shave should be fantastic !

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  3. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

THE DARK SIDE IS CALLING! We have cookies!

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The Dark Side is just plain fun, too! And cookies...

[​IMG]

5. RetLEO-07

You may have cookies my brother, but we have likker. Nice avatar by the way!

6. Legend In My Spare Time

The Dark Side is definitely tempting me, lol. There's something pretty awesome about using a single piece of honed steel to scrap the hairs off your face. Almost primal...

Another day, another Cella face scrub. Didn't get to taste any lather this time, but I did get my lather perfectly zeroed in this morning. Can't wait for tonight's shave with my sudsy almond friend. :)

Kokak and TheFiveO like this.
  7. Legend In My Spare Time

Wonderful shave tonight with Cella! Had a podcast playing in the background while I shaved. Whipped up a superb lather that was equal parts dense and slick. The sheen was spot on and the peaks were perfect. This is a thirsty soap for sure, but once you get that water-to-soap ratio right, its a pure dream to shave with.

I have my Valobra and Vitos coming soon. I've never tried either, but I hope that can hold up to Cella. :)

Kokak and RetLEO-07 like this.
  8. RetLEO-07

Got my Cella today. Shave Sunday, with my EJ DE89bl/Shark. Looking forward to it!

9. Legend In My Spare Time

My first shave with Cella was with a EJ DE89. Actually, it was the first time I ever used a shaving soap as well. I was amazed at how easy it was for me to get my lather perfect. Before that, I was using TOBS Almond Cream. Ah, the nostalgia, lol.

Enjoy it, sir! If you do like it, you'll definitely want to pick up the brick....or two. :D

Kokak likes this.
  10. RetLEO-07

We shall see!

11. RetLEO-07

Had my first shave with the Cella this morning. It definitely lived up to it's advanced billing! My 10098 using the dry brush technique whipped it up into a gorgeous thick, slick lather. And the scent was outta sight. Reminded me of the cookies my grandmother used to get from the Italian bakery. After my face felt really smooth. I now have enough soaps for a really nice rotation. In no particular order; Cella, Razorock XXX, Route 66 "Rum Runner" and Aramis.

12. Legend In My Spare Time

Glad you liked it! Sometimes a hype can be built up so much, it is just impossible to live up to it. Cella does indeed hit the sweet spot in terms of latherability and slickness. And you simply can't beat the price. It is a legendary soap. :)

13. Legend In My Spare Time

Took my two favorite Italian Soft Soaps and melded them to create....Cellobra!

Half Cella + Half Valobra = 100% Fantastic shave! Produced gobs of slick, protective lather with my Omega Pro 49 with absolute ease. Great mix of that sweet almond and sharp almond scents. This is a winner for sure!

Kokak likes this.
  14. Crowne & Crane

Crowne & Crane Well-Known Member

Cella is good stuff. As someone else noted, since it's been around since 1899 they must be doing something right.

15. RetLEO-07

I'll second that!

16. RetLEO-07

So, this coming Soapy Sunday, another Cella shave is in the offing. This time, I'll be able to finish it off with the Cella A/S lotion I got yesterday! Looking forward to Sunday!

17. Legend In My Spare Time

I feel like I've been cheating on my Cella, haha. I have been using it for face scrubs in the morning, but I've been mainly shaving with my Barrister and Mann Latha.

I need to get a shave in tonight with my Cella. :)

Kokak likes this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

It's awesome that you use one soap, and that soap being Cella is a superb choice. I wish I have the type of discipline that you have.

19. Legend In My Spare Time

It is my all time favorite that I use for 90% of my shaves. I can dial in that lather to a pure, slick perfection. I will always have a kilo of that soap on hand.

Although, my discipline is slipping somewhat. I'm finding myself using Barrister and Mann a little more now, lol. I have 4 soaps in total, but Cella still gets the most use by far.

20. RetLEO-07

Two more days to my Sunday shave with the Cella! Now I have two Italian combos. Cella and Proraso Green. Sunday can't come fast enough.