Col. Conk Lime Soap pairing

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by AWS, Jul 18, 2017.

1. AWS

AWS Member

I am currently on my first puck of this soap and really like it. I usually follow it up with Trumper's Limes Skin Food. Any suggestions as to a good aftershave or cologne to make that lime fragrance last even longer?

RyX likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I have a puck of the same soap, but it's been a while since I lathered it up. Two AS that might carry the limeness forward. Pinaud Citrus Musk & Lime Sec. The Lime Sec is a little sweeter, more straight up lime, and fades quicker. Citrus Musk has more of a lime rind scent and the musk seems to carry the scent along.
    It's a downside of lime; just doesn't hold. The answer is reapply!

Mike Brown likes this.
  3. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

Shea moisture tea tree after shave has a nice citrus note and it lasts pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Back in the eighties I remember pairing the Col. Conk Lime up with British Stirlings Lime Aftershave. My dad was into lime aftershaves and I think I even had a bottle of the Old Spice Lime aftershave that he left me when he past on.

Clayton

RyX likes this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

C&E West Indies Lime cologne is nice. Seems to last, scent wise.

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Conk at one time made a lime cologne. It was too candy lime sweet for my liking, so I gave it away.

Try TSD Lime a/s. Wanna know what it smells like? Slice you up a lime into eight pieces and shove a slice up each of your nostrils! TSD Lime is as pure of a lime that I have come across.

RyX likes this.
  7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I made my own lime AS using lime essential oil.

60ml unscented witch hazel
    30ml 190 proof(95% Alcohol by Volume) Everclear or Perfumers Alcohol
    2.5ml Aloe Extract
    2.5ml vegetable glycerine
    2.5ml castor oil
    15-20 drop of lime essential oil

Makes about 100ML finished, and has a great skin feel.

This is an adaptation of Martin's @tuxxdk recipe

tuxxdk and RyX like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The few times I used Conk Lime I finished off with Booster Iced Lime. I think that aftershave smells a lot nicer than that darned Conk soap.