Cold River Soap Works new base for Select is terrific!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by boingo, May 13, 2017.

1. boingo

boingo Member

I've been out of the loop for a bit due to work and family issues. Last week I ordered the Sandalwood to replace my used up tub. I noticed or thought I did on the first use that it was richer and creamier, even more slickness to boot. I had seen some postings about a new Premium base but didn't find anything on the Cold River Soap Works website. I sent an email to Larry at CRSW and he told me that CRSW switched over all their Select soaps to the new premium base. The old stuff was already really good but after a few shaves the new stuff is a definite improvement over an already great soap. They also ditched the tins and all new ones come in plastic now.

Going to try a couple of the newer scents they put out. Primarily interested in Citron and Juniper. Anybody have these and would like to share thoughts?

Thanks!

Sniper1, crackstar and George X like this.
  2. jenky

jenky New Member

Kind of old news... but I do agree with you. CRSW is a excellent soap. I've sold off most of my artisan stuff and the only two soap brands I'm now actively using and buying are CRSW and Jabonman/Eufros. Honestly, everything else pales in comparison. It's a shame CRSW doesn't get mentioned here more often. Not sure why that is, excellent soap!

Sniper1 likes this.
  3. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Is it more expensive than some of the other top artisan soaps?

crackstar likes this.
  4. woodworker

woodworker Active Member

I dont think they are more expensive, pretty competitive IMO. The Select starts at $15.75 for most scents and some are higher because of the expensive eo's in them. Their Original which is a great vegan soap and performs every bit as well as other top tier artisan vegan soaps is a BARGAIN at $11.75.

Answering the other guys post. Citron is great! If You like Terre de Hermes it's quite similar. Lots of vetiver in that one. Juniper is so different. Like fresh real juniper bushes. I wish Cold River would come out with more essential oil only scents. Honestly they are some of the best in the business.

5. Sniper1

Sniper1 Member

Me and some friends did a group buy between us last month and I agree, excellent soap. In my Top 3 and competing for top honors. All of us who got CRSW are mightily impressed.

6. woodworker

woodworker Active Member

Nice! Def Top Tier soap.

The new base is terrific.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.