Converted one

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Turk, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Tonight I found that a friend who I talked with a few weeks ago took the plunge and decided to start DE shaving. His fiance then bought him an AoS shave cream and an AoS badger brush. The razor they sold her was the 3 or 4 blade, can't recall how many blades. I was rather excited that any of my friends jumped into my hobby. I must have been convincing last time I saw him. Anyway, I want to hook him up with a new DE razor for his wedding. I started with the Merkur 34c and used it everyday until I got my 1959 Fatboy. It seems to be a very good razor and is most likely the one I am leaning towards. He also shaves his head. Now I don't know how that is done as I have lots of hair but is there a recommendation on a razor that could be used for both face and head if its possible?? thanks

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I think an adjustable would be best for him, that way he can use different settings for his head and face. There's lots of options for both vintage or modern selections.

lindyhopper66 likes this.
  3. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

:signs011: I always like the idea of an adjustable for a beginner, although some do not. I just think that it offers a great start for the novice at a low setting and then as their technique improves they will be able to adjust it to be a little more aggressive and so on and so forth. Plus as a head shaver the adjustable factor will allow him to set it where he needs it to be, which may be different than his face.