Cream vs Soap question

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by dangermouse, May 15, 2017.

1. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

Hey guys

I normally use soaps to shave with but find that quite a few soaps have a tendency to leave my skin over moisturised post shave, especially if they have Shea or Cocoa butter. I just watched a video from Chris Bailey (iLather) who said that some people have an issue with creams because they find them drying. How do you guys find them in comparison with soaps. Thanks. Should I post this in the soap section too?

RyX likes this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I find it is more a matter of the soap or cream used. Haslinger soap leaves my face perfectly moistured. Trumper's cream also moisturizes quite well. I have had other soaps and creams that didn't leave my face feeling moisturized at all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dangermouse likes this.
  3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I must have rhino skin, 'cause I don't get overly dried out or moisturized. I switch between soaps and creams all the time. I've been using a lot of soaps lately to improve my lathering technique. No problems.

dangermouse likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

If over - moisturizing is a problem, try Arko? Seems like I've heard some folks complain it drys their skin.

RaZorBurn123 and dangermouse like this.
  5. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

I quite like Arko, it's one of the soaps that doesn't. Proraso White is okay, as well. It seems to be the artisan soaps, not that I have many, that cause an issue. Oh, and MWF.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I agree-depends on what's used.

dangermouse likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Chris Bailey-famous for his ads on "Faaahne(Fine)aftershaves and soaps".