Day, Night or Both?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Marine68, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I shave when I can. sometimes it's morning, sometime its evening. I also shave before events, such as Christmas or Thanksgiving, or going out (rarely) to a show or dinner.

Michael_W likes this.
  2. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

At night after my shower. A hot shower and great shave is the OFF button for me. It relaxes me so much, I'm sleeping 30 minutes later.

Enrico likes this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Night mostly. It works best with my work schedule.

Enrico likes this.
  4. Maximumsmoke

Maximumsmoke Active Member

Every morning. Get a fresh start every day. If you feel good, you'll look your best. People will react to you and interact with you better.

Enrico likes this.
  5. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Usually night, as I work 2nd shift and shower after I get home from work, so Im a night shaver.

6. Night after a shower. It’s my time to wind down.

MR41 likes this.
  7. Steve G

Steve G Active Member

Night (around 7 pm) after the shower...

If I mess up, I have a full night to recover... before work.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  8. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I like to drink and shave. I'm honestly not sure why, but I just get the urge. It certainly teaches one to be extra careful, however.

9. Maximumsmoke

So, Straight Razor Dandy, what do you drink when you shave? (Thread drift coming, sorry, my fault . . . . .)

10. Bookworm

Aqua Velva?

11. Maximumsmoke

Did you know Aqua Velva was first introduced as a mouthwash? So . . . . . to sorta get back on the thread, do you drink Aqua Velva day, night or both.

12. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I shave at night during my work week. It’s quiet and unhurried and saves me time the next morning. On my days off I shave every 36hrs so one shave ends up on a morning...........but still unhurried.

Marine68 likes this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My husband typically shaves in the morning. Once in a while he will shave at tonight, if he has a very early morning when he just won’t have time. As for me, I shave in the shower & I shower in the morning. My preference for a morning shower stems from long, thick hair that would never dry by bedtime, if I showered at night.

Bookworm likes this.
  14. Bookworm

I was lucky - when my hair was down to my waist, it was extremely fine. Usually took about an hour and a half to two hours to air dry - even at night.

Sara-s likes this.
  15. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I do both. Just depends on my work schedule and sometimes my laziness :)

16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Usually in the afternoon, I used to work graveyard and would shave in the morning