Day two of blade use seems the best...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MikekiM, Nov 1, 2010.

1. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

I suppose this would support the notion of corking a blade... Seems days two through four are the best shaves regardless of which blade it is..

Day one needs a bit of caution and day five... ??

How 'bout you?

2. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I agree... The majority of blades work best the second shave the exception being the store bought blades for me!

I thought the whole "Hand Stropping" deal was a joke, however when I applied my new hand stropping technique to the Wal*Mart Wilkinson's is when I got the best shaves out of them.

3. MikekiM

Do tell...

Did I miss a tutorial post??

4. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

No not at all, I was bored cleaning my gear the other day and decided for giggles to give hand stropping a go...

I take the blade edge and strop the right edge of my hand right below my pinky finger 10 times, using the same side I turn the blade over and go another 10 times. I rotate to the opposite blade edge and repeat the same, so roughly 20 strokes at a 45 degree angle on each blade edge.

The blade seems more forgiving and slightly smoother, as if I took the "Edge" off, I know its not scientific but for me it has worked really well, I only use my hand stropping on the Wilkinson's I can't tell the difference using an Iridium that I hand stropped or my Red IP's.

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

6. MikekiM

Sweet!! Thanks all!!