DE ID check

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by wchnu, Jan 5, 2009.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

a friend of mine got me this from the bay Anyone tell me what it might be from the pics> It is listed as gillette safety razor star vintage Debutante.

Thanks

Fuzzy

Attached Files:

2. tom myers

tom myers Member

It looks like a Star model 100 to me. I don't think it belongs in that case.

On the underside of the head, in very small letters, doesn't it say "Star" and "Made in USA"?

In the later years ASR used the Star name on their entry into the double edge world. It will probably shave a lot like a Gillette Tech.

Regards,
    Tom

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks. Tom. I have not gotten it in yet... well see how it shaves. Good to see you around.
    Fuzzy

4. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

It is a Silver Star made by the American Safety Razor Company. It was obviously manufactured to push their Silver Star Blades. I think I may have some of the original blades.

[​IMG]

5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Looks like a Star. Mine looks just like that and is a mild shaver much like the Gillette Tech. I don't think the box is right for it though.

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks.. that is nice looking . It will look good with some of my star SE's.

That seems to be just a box they had around.. that is cool though. I like the looks of the razor.

Fuzzy

7. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

If you are getting into collecting Stars I have a WWII issue Star in the all black plastic/bakelite. :D

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I was given some Star SE's a while back. I am intrested in all the older razors :D

Fuzzy

9. tom myers

tom myers Member

Star model 100

There is a gold plated version of the model 100. I have one that was packed with 12 of the Star "6NX" blades in a hinged cardboard display box. I also have one of the black GI issue ones in the black sliding plastic cases. I've just seen a gold one packed in one of those sliding plastic cases, similar to the GI issue ones except this case is red. It was packed with 4 of those same "6NX" blades. It is supposed to get here in a couple of days.

Regards,
    Tom

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Just what i need more stuff to look for.

Fuzzy

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

This one came in today.... Looks better then the pics.. I am going to take it around the block when I get it cleaned up this weekend.

Fuzzy