Derby has unbelievable customer support

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, May 13, 2010.

1. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

Back to the Derby subject...

During the horizontal production, Derby was my go-to blade. The last time I purchased them I got the verticals, about a year ago. I used these for a while and did notice a small decline in shaves although I didn't think much of it until I did some research. Like Manish, my first two shaves were pretty harsh but did seem to mellow-out for the following shaves. I've since found other go-to blades and the Derbys remain in storage for about 6 months or so. I have since started palm-stropping my blades and find this works for me so I'll have to give these vertical Derbys another chance.

2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Very Cool...I whole heartily agree, and thanks for hipping me to Ogallala, I will be checking them out aswell...Thanks for getting back to me, sorry if I sounded "out-of-touch"... Most my posts are either early in the morning or late at night, when I make even less sense than normal...)

3. beyboo

beyboo New Member

I palm strop my blades after every use too !!

Its now a matter of habit and feels very satisfying irrespective of the controversy as to whether palm stropping helps.

It has been widely accepted across this and other shave forums that the vertical Derby's may have burrs on the sharp edge which cause the sudden biting effect. It is usually recommended to cork blades to remove these burs. I hand stropping the Derby has a similar effect. I wonder if the bite will go away completely if we palm strope a brand vertical Derby before the first shave !!

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Why not ?? You should try it and let us know...I would but I traded all my Verticals today...

5. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

+1 0n that and times it by 100! I do not have many TSD products but the ones I have are my favorite by a long shot!!! Not to mention keeping my business "in house" always makes me feel better about how I spend my money.

6. ferroburak

ferroburak New Member

I don't want to speak Turkish but a hard challenge you have offered :happy088

7. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

How do you palm strop a blade?

8. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock