Developing shave den

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by Ceferguson, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg I'm slowly but steadily creating a shave den

theFAT98, dscaver, Tattoobob and 10 others like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Ceferguson likes this.
  3. Ceferguson

The towel warmer takes up some space so I'm working on another place for it but not too far away.

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I like the towel warmer. That's what sets your den above others. :happy088:

5. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Nice shave den. I like the your solution to secure the strop. Is is a metal expander in dry wall or just a screw in concrete?

Ceferguson likes this.
  6. Ceferguson

It's a wood eye bolt with a threaded in, I just found the stud and started the hole with a nail and then screwed it in with a screwdriver through the hole. It is just big enough to fit the snaps on the strops and that height is very comfortable for me I am very new to straight shaving

Omelmad likes this.
  7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I agree with what other have stated: clean, awesome towel warmer, organized...:happy088:

the carabiner attaches to what looks to be an eye screw into a stud....close to the door frame. Quite secure.

***whoops! OP answered it already!:o:o:o

Ceferguson likes this.
  8. Omelmad

Smart! Instead of a door knob. You need it to stay in place =)

Ceferguson likes this.
  9. Ceferguson

Well you have to explain to the wife why you need to make a hole in the wall to shave lol

Omelmad likes this.
  10. Omelmad

Hahahaha well.. That could be difficult

Ceferguson likes this.
  11. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Very nice den love the towel warmer.

Ceferguson likes this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Very nice shave den. I do like that bowl. I think I said that somewhere already.

Ceferguson likes this.
  13. Ceferguson

The bowl is a funny story, I went with my wife to Mexico city to see the bull fights for my birthday (my wife is from Mexico city) and we were having lunch in a resturant overlooking the main plaza in the city and they had those bowls using them as salsa bowls with little spoons, they were handmade by an artist in Puebla Mexico who is famous so after 10 minutes of wheeling and dealing my wife talked then into selling me one. It works great it has paint bumps all down the inside. image.jpg image.jpg

14. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Very nice setup. I'm most interested in where you got those brush knots? I know you turned your own handles (very nice), but I like those knots. please share your source...

Ceferguson likes this.
  15. Ceferguson

Boawen Chen is the vendor at aliexpress.com.

They are 30 mm silver tip badger. I took a chance ordering from China since all the brush knots come from there now and I was impressed. I'm no expert but I liked them so much I sold one brush and kept the other four I made with those knots. I did not turn the handles I'm just now learning to use a lathe I carved and sanded those handles into shape with a dremmel and a hand rotary sander. The knots are about $15 to $20 lush shipping, they are sold out often. I get the 30 mm by 83 mm I recently learned setting the knot deeper with those big knots makes fir an awesome brush

16. Ceferguson

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here is an example of the Bowen silvertip badger hair on a handmade brush and a comparison of the size of these brushes compared to a 24 mm vie long horse brush and a 24 mm Rooney super badger

Tattoobob, 178-bplatoon and Rustty like this.
  17. Rustty

Rustty Active Member

Any chance of a link to the vendor, they look very nice. Thanks

18. Ceferguson

www.aliexpress.com. Then search that vendor

19. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Very nice looking, classy den you've got there. The towel warmer and wooden brush turntable are definitely unique and upper tier..:happy096:

Ceferguson likes this.
  20. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??