difference btwn super adjustable & slim

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dantes, Sep 7, 2008.

1. dantes

dantes New Member

Hi

I am searching a slim and a seller offers me super adjustables too.

What makes them different when shaving?

thanks

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I don't have a scale to weigh them with, but in my hands, even though these razors seem pretty equal in weight, the Super has more of its weight in the head, and the Slim is more balanced through its handle. As you can see, the heavier head of the Super is a result of, not only the resin handle, but also the larger adjustment dial. Other than that, they have the same head and 1-9 adjustments, and are great shavers. As far as shaving differences go, I have big hands that engulf any razor I use, so the weight distribution becomes a moot point, but for a shaver who holds the razor by the bottom of the handle, the heavier head of the Super may work a little better. However, I don't think you can go wrong with either of these fine razors.

[​IMG]

3. dantes

dantes New Member

thanks

and regarding the build quality.

is there a big quality gape between a 60s & a 70's razor?

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Good write up Blue. They are both fantastic razors, both have vintage Gillette build quality. I actually prefer the Super, but I think it is just because of the weight distribution. Either, or both will give amazing shaves.

5. Hi Dante,
    Id agree with Ricks assessment of the differences, and Rodd's right about the same quality in both. Even the very late model supers with the plastic underplate are still good shavers (I used one), although I hear the build isn't quite as good.
    The slim and super do weight the same, and yes, the weight's distributed differently. Personally, I'd think the super may be a little easier to adapt to while refining your technique, since the handle's so much longer (3/4 inch) than a slim. Both will shave differently, and either one may end up being your favorite............who knows.
    Hope that helps,
    Martin

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

It is also worth noting that the black adjustables are available in short and long handle. I like them both, but prefer the short.

7. dantes

dantes New Member

so i understand that the short super has the more relative weight on the head from all 3, right?

8. The slim, and both super models all weigh about the same. The short super adjustable will have about the same weight distribution as a regular slim, although the handle pattern will be different. Those two match up pretty even, except for that handle color and grip. I actually prefer the short super over a regular slim for just those reasons.
    Hope that helps,
    Martin

9. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

The long handled super adjustable is the best razor I've ever used. I gave away my slim.

10. dantes

dantes New Member

Hi,

admitting you have an 80's long handled. What about the construction quality?