Diffrent Handles Tried On Muhle R41 2013 Version

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bill G, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

well I tried a few diffrent handles on my Muhle R41 2013 and got good shaves with them all. But to my big surprise I liked the shorter lighter handle that came of my Murker 33C Classic on the R41 the best. For me it gave me the best feel and control. I was again really surprised as it is the shorter and lightest handle of the handles tried. Oh well who new, I am going to stick with it. I am just getting the best shaves ever with this Muhle R41 2013.

Handles tried,
    * Stock Muhle R41 handle. (pic not shown)
    * HTGM knurled chrome handle.
    * Murker 33C Classic handle.

Happy Shave On To All,
    Bill G

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    Tattoobob likes this.
  2. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I've tried 3 total, the rosegold, an elite razor blue lapis, and an Ikon shavecraft handle. The shavecraft being my favorite of the trio.

20141124_170844.jpg
    20141124_165217~2.jpg
    20141124_170819.jpg

Bill G likes this.
  3. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Congratulations on finding what works for you.
    I would have to concur that a lighter handle might work better for that Beast as it allows for more control and you don't have to worry about a heavier handle causing you any undo added weight during your shaves! Unfortunately, after trying the 2011 version, twice, and the 2013 once, they were just too much for my sensitive skin! :lyrtuy5:

Bill G likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice! I use a Bulldog handle.

Bill G likes this.
  5. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

Yes I agree here about the Beast. I think the lighter handle does just what you stated for me. More control with no undo added weight giving me a smooth and more controled shaveing stroke. The lightest touch is your friend with the R41 for sure. I am getting my best over all shaves with this razor since I started whet shaving with DE Safety type razors. I have a very course beard being Italian and sensitive skin as well. My neck being the area of issue here but for what ever reason the R41 gets the job done better than any razor I have used to date. I belive the R41 being a more aggressive razor just plain takes less passes for a clean shave and this for me has reduced the risk of skin irritation.

My next favorite razor is the Murker 34C it gives great shaves as well but requires a little more work than the R41 to get there and the shaves are still not quite as close as the R41 BBS smooth shaves.

Happy Shave On To All,
    Bill G

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  6. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

image.jpg View attachment 58067
    I have a Bulldog handle on order. I want to try the Weber Bulldog 3 1/8" x 1/2" approx 80mm handle as well on my R41 (above pic the Weber and the older discontinued 80mm Ikon Bulldog now only available in 85mm side by side) I like the short larger diameter handles. I wish the Murker 33C shorter handle 80mm that I like was a little bigger in diameter and I hope the Bulldog handle will be just right with out adding to much weight as the R41 performs nice with the lighter handle as stated. I will see when the Bulldog handle gets here and I try it.

Happy Shave On To You everyone,
    Bill G

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  7. 2grubswrestle1

2grubswrestle1 Active Member

I bought the 2013 head when it was offered and paired it with a Utopia handle which is heavy. It works very well for me. I do not use any of my other razors now.

Bill G likes this.
  8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

This is one of the reasons I've really enjoyed both the R41s. A light touch is advised. I hadn't used a DE razor in a number of weeks (using mainly straight razors) but had a very nice shave with the 2011 version of the R41 this morning. Two passes was more than adequate, but I squeezed one more pass out of it just for kicks. No irritation. By far, my favorite DE razor.
    The 2013 version (or the one available now) of the R41 is a good deal milder than the 2011 version. Both are excellent razors. I compared the two models n January of this year: Dueling Mühles
    [​IMG]

Bill G likes this.