Discontinued soaps...do you use them or just hoard them?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Primotenore, Jul 16, 2017.

1. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

The NOS Old Spice SS, and mug arrived today and it still has a lot of scent left in it. Stirred the Yardley's this morning, I figure maybe I can lather it up on Sunday.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Primotenore likes this.
  2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have several soaps that are considered "unobtainium" or discontinued. Most of them I use on occasion, if you have a good size rotation there is no need to worry about it getting used up.

I think the only one I have but haven't used yet is B&M SOA, it smells wonderful and will probibaly scoop and bowl lather in case I decide to part with it.

I Coloniali is one discontinued soap that I use sparingly since it is a softer consistancy. It is excellent and although it is a decent size puck, it may be difficult to get more. But it is too good of a product to just sit on a shelf and collect dust.

Primotenore likes this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

If I have it, I use it. I really like my Irisch Moos and will be sad when it’s gone, but would rather use it than look at it.

Yehuda D, chevyguy and Primotenore like this.
  4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Use’em!

chevyguy likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

If it's on my shelve it's being used.

jtspartan, chevyguy and MR41 like this.
  6. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

+1

Enrico likes this.
  7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I use all my soaps, but once they become discontinued I slow down and no longer use them as daily drivers.

It helps me enjoy them longer. That said, nothing lasts forever and once Klar Kabinett was discontinued, I gave the rest of it away.

Yehuda D, Primotenore and mrchick like this.
  8. Jarvis

Jarvis Active Member

+1

9. SparrowPoint

SparrowPoint Active Member

I use them up, trash them or sell them. Sounds weird but once it's discoed I'd rather move on and start using soaps that are easily available. I have never found a soap that irreplaceable or so good I have too hoard it or pay outrageous prices for it.