Do you think Dove may be testing the waters so to speak ?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by NapalmCola, Sep 15, 2015.

1. NapalmCola

NapalmCola Well-Known Member

I came a cross this as well as a few other " expert shave " line of products from Dove. I didn't buy the pre shave or after shave balm , just the shave cream. The shave cream , accually the whole line says it is barbershop quality. The soap can be used with a brush to create lather even. If I like the soap I will get the rest of the products. I will be giving it a shot tomorrow.
    Anyone have any experience with this shave cream or any of the products from this line?
    uploadfromtaptalk1442294204872.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1442294214449.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1442294226787.jpg

2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I'm interested in hearing your review of this once you've used it. It's been my experience that most shave creams with those directions (use with or without brush/rinse blade in warm water to avoid clogging) are actually latherless creams that will gunk up both the brush and the razor.

Shaver X and NapalmCola like this.
  3. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

WOW...I hope so, they make some pretty go (mass produced) products IMO....I love the bath soap and always use the PS balm (which I love)....how much is it? is the pre shave a oil or wash/scrub?

NapalmCola likes this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Dove bar soap actually makes a pretty decent shave lather. My granddad used it for years.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Someone on here told me that in their view, Rise shaving cream "gunks up" razors(your quote). I always wondered why that is such a problem.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

If barbers use it, I'm in. Wonder how it might compare to Barbasol.

NapalmCola likes this.
  7. NapalmCola

I also use the PS balm. This large well constructed (for being plastic at least ) 200 ml sized container was only $2.99 US dollars.
    I will have to go back and look at the other products they had. They were $2.99 US dollars as well.

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Where was this?

The cream is a good lathering with brush cream. I added it to TSD Shop shaving cream samples some time ago. But it certainly was not $2.99. Sounds like it may have been on clearance at this price.

Mr. Shaverman and Omelmad like this.
  9. NapalmCola

I will write up a full review after work. I'm on my lunch replying to comments. I must say I agree with your comment completely. In this products case it lathered amazingly I was very surprised due to setting my expectations low to start. It did not clog my 1959 Gillette flaretip at all.

Robyflexx and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  10. NapalmCola

I bought it at a local grocery outlet store. If it's been around awhile at a higher price it may very well be a clearance item and priced accordingly. They have 3 other items in the line , also priced at $2.99 US dollars. I will be writing up a full review when I get home from the office. I can say I was pleasantly surprised

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. Mr.Diehl

Mr.Diehl Member

I use Dove everything else, so I would be happy if this stuff works!

SABOTEURw, Shaver X and NapalmCola like this.
  12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thanks!

It is available at Target for something like $20. It is good stuff and comparable to any if the 3Ts, IMO.

Boojum1, Shaver X and NapalmCola like this.
  13. Mr. Shaverman

Thanks for the info! I'll have to check the local grocery outlet store.

NapalmCola likes this.
  14. damnitgoose

damnitgoose Well-Known Member

Saw it in target the other day, if I come across it for a decent price I will pick some up and see how it goes

NapalmCola likes this.
  15. Mr. Shaverman

I went to the grocery outlet today and picked up the last jar of cream. Also grabbed the balm, face wash, and something that turned out to be their version of canned goo. I like the scent! These are much different than the previous Dove products I've used. Generally I've skipped Dove because something in their balms and other products burn my face. I slapped on some balm and nope, no burn. Can't wait to try these out. Thanks for the heads up!!

NapalmCola likes this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

New CT: Dove Goo Hoarder :D

NapalmCola and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  17. Mr. Shaverman

Nah, most of this will likely end up in the travel box or a PIF. lol

pvtbanks and NapalmCola like this.
  18. Mr. Shaverman

Upon further inspection, what I thought was canned goo is actually the same cream from the jar, but in a pump delivery system.

NapalmCola likes this.
  19. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

What's it smell like and does it compare to the 3 T's creams?.

NapalmCola likes this.
  20. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I just bought two tubs of the shave cream and one of the after shave balms. Gonna try it out tomorrow morning.

Clayton

NapalmCola likes this.