Dorco 6 Blade disposable razors review

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dr. Tim Wilkins, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Dr. Tim Wilkins

Dr. Tim Wilkins Active Member

OK....It has been quite a while since I last posted but I finally got around to trying one of the razors from the "Frugal Dude" pack from Dorco. I tried out their 6 blade disposable razor. I have been looking for a razor that I can take on trips that won't cause problems with TSA. :) Anyway....here is what I discovered....

First, the handle is extremely light. Therefore, you have to push it into your face to get it to even make decent contact. Terrible for technique.
    The head of the razor has a tremendous amount of flex in it and so getting it to cut consistently without putting your fingers on the edges of it to hold it in place was non-existent.
    The blades are very close together which allows shaving cream and soap both to gum up the works and is VERY difficult to clean out.

Overall, I would not order any 6 blade disposables from Dorco again. They won't work as a daily razor nor as a travel razor in my opinion. I still have to try the 4 blade disposable and the actual cartridge razor, the Pace.

I will let you know as my adventure continues.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Thanks Dr. Tim. I've missed you around the den. Kerry

PatrickA51 likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Nice review tim. I don't use them a lot, but I like their two blade and somewhat less, their three blade. The 3 blade is a very stiff flex.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Tim
    Well written review. Thanks for the info.

5. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

Why, why, why? Oh why would you such a thing? No, no, no, please tell us it's not true!!!! You used a cart!!! How dare you:angry021:

Ok I forgive you:)

PatrickA51 likes this.