DORCO ST-301 Double Edge Razor Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dave Paskowski, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Dave Paskowski

Dave Paskowski Active Member

My friend gave me a Vincent DE and about 100 DORCO ST-301 Double Edge Razor Blades. I was curious about these blades any information would be appreciated.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I personally like the ST-301 blade. I've only purchased two brands of blades in bulk; the ST-301 was one, the Astra SP the other.

I can't stand the Dorco 300s. Several folks have tried to convince others that they are the same blade, just different packaging. My face tells me they are not.

3. Hirsute

Hirsute Active Member

I liked the Dorco 301s too. Not my favorite blade, but I got decent shaves with them.

4. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

The Dorco 300 and 301 are definitely two different blades. Micro photography of the edges of both blades have now proven this. Squire is of the opinion that the 301's edge is actually of a higher quality than the 300's for reasons he cites in his reviews..
    http://forum.shavemyface.com/viewtopic.php?t=28680
    http://forum.shavemyface.com/viewtopic.php?t=29005

5. Dave Paskowski

One thing for sure is they are sharp! Don't ask. :signs081: :signs131:

6. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

LOL So other than that, how did they shave??

7. Dave Paskowski

Didn't get a chance to use them yet. I'm disinfecting the razor as we speak. Will give them a try tomorrow.

8. Raven312

Cool. I'd like to hear how they shave for you. I've never tried them.

9. Dave Paskowski

Well, I got to use these blades today and was happy with them. I don't have anything to compare them to as this was my first DE shave. No nicks or cuts and they shaved almost as close as my SE Featherweight. I only had time for a two pass shave, where as with my SE I do a three pass. I need more razors and blades!!! :git::whacky024:

10. Raven312

Oh oh... he's got that malady that people get around here... that RAD... ;)

11. kingfisher

kingfisher Active Member

I don't like the ST-301 at all. They tug a lot for me.

YMMV when it comes to blade preferences, though. The Dorco would be one of the last blades on my list.

Dave Paskowski likes this.
  12. Dave Paskowski

Like I said these were the first I tried. So, my opinion could change as soon as I get the chance to try others.