Ebarbershop Injector Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jimjo1031, Sep 25, 2016.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I was just wondering if anyone knows about this razor. It is a copy of the Schick O injector, which is very hard to come by as they were made in Japan and not sold here. It seems to have good reviews and was wondering if anyone here has used one. Might go on my list of possibilities. I would have just copied the pic, but it won't let me................ http://www.ebarbershop.com/ebarbershop-schick-type-injector-razor-handle.html

Keithmax likes this.
  2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

As far as I've heard, this razor is an O copy..it is good..the blades are also good..and this vendor does not ship to Canada..which is not good..IMO...

BigMark83 and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

It might be the only way I'll ever get to owning a Type O. Their blades are Personnas.

4. cegadede

cegadede Member

According to people who have both the original and it, it's just as well made as the original.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

It's what I've seen in reviews also. It looks good.

6. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Ya that's sort of a common theme with this one..so it's good a decent copy is now being produced...

jimjo1031 likes this.
  7. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

I have one. It's well made and a smooth albeit mild shaver. It works well with twin blades. I don't have an original Type O with which to compare it, but knowledgeable people who do say that the quality and shave are equivalent.

--Bob

jimjo1031 likes this.
  8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Regrettably they do not ship to UK either. Would quite like to try it as unlikely to get hold of an original .

9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

My O-clone arrived this evening. Hopefully it will loosen up a bit, was a bit of a pain replacing the blade blank with a fresh NOS Personna. Shave report tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

gorgo2, danbuter, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Quite a nice combination on the head shave, not quite baby dolphin butt smooth on the face but perhaps more attention to angle next time will yield better results.

[​IMG]

Keithmax, PLANofMAN, danbuter and 2 others like this.
  11. Jaret

Jaret New Member

I ordered the Knock-off of the Schick Type O from e barber recently. I'm waiting on it to arrive. I'd love to hear more feedback on its performance after your having used it for months now. I had trouble with my old type G and Persona blades from Ted Pella they were terrible. The Schick.injector blades from China were great though (as much as it pains me to say it about a Chinese product) .

12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I like its build and handling but it's too mild for my taste.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

13. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

How mild ? I was eyeing this a few years ago. I just remembered today they made one. I'd either pair it with a modern Personna or Schick and shave my head with it. I'm thinking of picking one up in a few weeks.

14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Your head may vary. I couldn't get a head shave I was happy with. I can with the Repeaters, E though I.

twhite likes this.
  15. BigMark83

Do you use DEs? If so what do you generally use ?

16. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I cycle through ten or so DEs. I tend to prefer more aggressive razors. Used the R41 this morning, I'd say the Shake Sharp and Rockwell 6-plate are current favorites.

17. BigMark83

If you shave your noggin with those and think that injector is mild I might have to get one. Not like I can't pif it if I don't like it.

jmudrick likes this.
  18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The I1 (with Twins) and H (Fashion Razor) are terrific head shavers, not aggressive and more efficient than the O-clone in my experience.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  19. jimjo1031

The I's are great shavers.

jmudrick likes this.
  20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yep, prefer the look of the black I2 Hydro but the I1 has more flexibility with blades. Beautiful designs.

PickledNorthern and jimjo1031 like this.