Fatip Design razor ? What did I buy on Ebay ?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Firemandk, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Firemandk

Firemandk New Member

I bought this for $16 after using my accumulated EBAY BUCKS... it looks like it is all brass,plated. It looks like a fatip type head ... what is it ????

Attached Files:

2. Firemandk

Firemandk New Member

It is not a " BEAUTY" SAFETY RAZOR, BULGARIA,1960s though it is coming from there ......

Attached Files:

3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Looks like one of the nice anonymous Soviet/Warsaw Pact razors that are hard to find anything about.

4. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I am not convinced that this is soviet/bulgarian manufacturing. My belief is that it is German.

My reasoning follows:
    I have 8 three-piece razors. 3 of these are German. All three of these, and none of the others, have the circle showing where the stud on the top piece is welded to the top piece. Looking at your picture, I can see the visible circle on the top of the head.

Also, look closely at the pictures on this thread:
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/anyone-know-what-the-germans-used-in-early-1900s.37427/

The second set of pictures sent by bzero007 show the same visible circle on a German razor.

Finally, two of my three-piece razors were acquired in Bulgaria. One is Bulgarian, the other Russian. Neither of these has the visible circle in the center of the top piece.

So, my guess is German manufacturing.