favorite tech razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Feb 18, 2018.

1. brit

brit in a box

very very cool...

2. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

My first DE razor I ever bought was an Aluminum Tech made in England. I also have a Ball End Tech made in Argentina. That one is in mint condition and came in a case with a pack of blades and a blade card printed in Spanish. Definitely cool.

BamaT, preidy, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

your flat bottom tech has the logo and made in england below the pins as well like enrico s. i am searching for more info on these variants.cool razor.

4. brit

brit in a box

just arrived.. thin handled brit flat bottom 20180319_095507.jpg 20180317_012047.jpg

Cearball, jtspartan, preidy and 3 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

the whole tech collection 20180321_022004.jpg
    rear -,prewar canadian in box,british 4 piece in bakelite holder ,1953 canadian military nos in case , front left- british fat handle flat bottom, thin handle flat bottom ,h-4 u.s. ball end, late 40s canadian fh, 53 british ball end ,u.s. prewar fh, 65 brit tech with brass/nickel handle ,british 1950? ball end. help...rad.. on the way- another thin handle flat bottom brit.

BamaT, jtspartan, preidy and 2 others like this.
  6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That is an impressive collection! Very nice!

brit likes this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

You need a 41 Bakelite (plastic) Tech for your collection.
    1941-1945 WWII plastic Tech-2.JPG
    :D

BamaT, jtspartan, preidy and 3 others like this.
  8. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

1967 Sportsman Tech all Brass - Made in England. Nice heft at 62 gr. Note non-diamond Gillette marking on the cap.
    IMG_5083 (1).JPG IMG_5089 (1).JPG

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    BamaT, jtspartan, Jorvaljr and 3 others like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Great looking! I see those available but look very similar to the aluminum ones I don't want.

Jorvaljr and brit like this.
  10. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Yes. It looks exactly like the Aluminum (handle) ones but it was advertized as all brass. I took a leap of faith because you can't tell. Another reason I bought was the Gillette marking on the head was non-diamond which I thought was different/neat.

Jorvaljr, brit and Enrico like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I noticed that! :happy088:

brit likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

i have 2 of the brass/nickel handles like that.one has the later zymak head and the other came with british coronation brass head. it has the gillette surrounded by a diamond but with no frosting on it. frankentech maybe. that sportsman is very cool.1967 would make it my birthyear tech. interestingly enough i saw a well used sportsman on eb uk with the "gillette triangular logo non frosted head". so many variants or mismatches i guess.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Jorvaljr likes this.
  13. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

My techs
    F8FAA4AB-7584-43A8-8766-601575655C89.jpeg
    Gold/black triangle tech
    WWII plastic tech
    WWII triangle slot tech
    French aluminum handle tech
    English sportsman brass tech
    Canadian fluted handle tech
    English flat bottom thin handle tech
    2 x English psycho tech
    Gold tech
    Canadian military 1932 fat handle tech
    English flat bottom fat handle tech

BamaT, jtspartan, brit and 2 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

very nice collection. the canadian fluted handle is a military piece like mine.cool.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

Jorvaljr likes this.
  16. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

17. brit

brit in a box

if its nos i am sure its worth it.haven t seen many used ones. i have whats close enough to one for myself last of the brass techs.if you know someone who will love it....

Jorvaljr likes this.
  18. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I really want to get a Canadian Tech one of these days just to see what the excitement is about. That... and I should really find a G3 (birth quarter) one of these days, just on principle.

And just to stay on topic... My favorite is probably my English Flat Bottom. Ironically, my *least* favorite is a post-War English Aluminium Tech.

Jorvaljr, jtspartan and brit like this.
  19. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

There may be differences in the pre-war models, I only have a Canadian. Postwar, however, I had a NDC (46-50) US Ball End and have a ‘51 Canadian Ball End. The heads are identical to each other.

Jorvaljr, John Ruschmeyer and brit like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

the razor in the link looks the same as yours.