Feather VS Kai

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by idan, Jan 2, 2017.

?

Feather VS Kai

1. Feather

2. Kai

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. idan

idan Active Member

which blade do you prefer, and who is more sharper from between the two ?

Feather
    [​IMG]

KAI
    [​IMG]

Thank you very much :)

2. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

In my opinion Feather is the sharper of them, KAI the more smooth. In most razors I prefer KAI, however if a razor requires extra sharpness, like PAA Bakelite slant, I prefer Feather.

preidy likes this.
  3. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

KAI. Feather is a bit harsh on my skin, and I like the plain-Jane look of the KAI.

preidy likes this.
  4. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried Kai, but the feathers work well for me in a Maggard V3.

Sent using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  5. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I just got my first pack of Kai blades. I haven't tried them yet, but the good reviews they get have me intrigued. I'm a big fan of Feather, though.

Carbide Mike and RyX like this.
  6. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

My experience has been exactly the opposite. But, I think both are about the sharpest DE blades you can get. I can shave with Feathers, but Kai are very rough on my face. I haven't shaved with Kai in awhile, so, maybe I will try again just to make sure. But, I really like the shave that I get from Feather.

7. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

From a quick search, it looks like Feathers are about 30% cheaper (in packs of 100). While blades are pretty cheap either way, I would need a significantly noticeable difference between the blades as Feathers work quite well for me.

Sent using Tapatalk

8. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I haven't used Kai blades but I find the Feathers extremely sharp, and some times too sharp in certain razors. They a great blade but I prefer the Voskhod and Personna Red in my every day razor. I find the Feathers to be better for me in a milder razor like a tech.

Carbide Mike, '65 G-Slim and RyX like this.
  9. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

In a blindfold test I doubt I could tell them apart. Astra SP is up there too.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Seems to be the trend. I like Feathers, haven't tried Kai.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  11. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Finally got around to trying the Kai. I usually shave every other day, but for whatever reason, I always try a new blade with three days growth. The Feather's never had a problem handling that, but there was quite a bit of tugging on my first pass with the Kai. My second pass left a bit more for clean up than normal, I suspect because of the sub part first pass, so I went with a full third pass. A bit of touch ups in my problem areas left me BBS with no bleeding or irritation. The alum proved the smooth shave. I won't pass judgment based on one shave with one blade, but if this is the norm with Kai, I won't be replacing my Feather stash with them.