For your viewing pleasure...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by scottydoint, Feb 11, 2009.

1. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Today I received my Toggle and my #16. I opened the case of the toggle and looked it over. Hmm pretty good condition I thought. Lets hit is up with some Scrubbing Bubbles! Whoa, it is in near mint condition fo sho'!! The Rhodium plated #16 is in beautiful shape as well. Excuse the less than stellar pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ssilcox

ssilcox Member

Absolutely beautiful. But I dont even want to guess at how much that toggle cost. :eek:

3. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Fantastic scores! Very nice! So, how long until you get that new camera? :)

4. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

I got the camera a couple days ago, but I am still trying to figure it out, it was overcast today so bad lighting, and I just can't hold the camera steady.lol

5. Crankymoose

Crankymoose Member

wow 2 in mint condition :happy096

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

ah, sorry. :o Yeah, keeping it still is a problem for me too. I bought a cheap tripod and it made a world of difference.

7. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

There was no offense taken, so don't fell sorry, haha, I know I suck at photography.
    Quick question for anybody... What do the super fine, fine, and normal setting do?

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

That would be the resolution. Super fine will have the most resolution and use more memory. I have a cheap table top tripod that works well, it makes a world of difference in close ups.

9. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Really nice razors! I am trying not to be jealous. : /

Taking photos - what kind of a camera are you guys using for taking pics of razors? I have a camera, just a normal one I guess (I'm not too knowledgeable) but it takes really crappy shots up close. I don't want to spend too much but would love to be able to get decent photos. Suggestions?

(And once again - really nice razors!!

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Wonderful razors - great score!

11. s&g'sdad

s&g'sdad Member

Great razors. I'd love to get myself a toggle.

Aaron

12. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Does the camera have a macro focus button? I've been using that for the photos I've posted.

13. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I'll second what Dark Audit has added, the macro focus feature really helps for closeups. A tripod is indispensable for keeping everything steady when going in close, even a small table top one is better than nothing..

14. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

It's not too often that any of us can upstage Scott, so I gotta grab the opportunity when I can. MY #16 has a case and instructions. :taunt002

15. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

That is an awesome set. Can I see a pic of the top of the case? I think I may have the correct case for my #16 now. It came with my #21 which is in the wrong case. I only new the #16 came in the case achim has pictured here. He has two in the same case, well I think the otherone got sold.
    [​IMG]

16. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Here you go. Achim also has one like mine, but the liner in the case is dark blue leather or vinyl.

[​IMG]