FREE CREAM - The Shave Cream Challenge

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Vlasta, May 24, 2017.

1. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Just finished with K. I found the slickness was great! The scent smelled like run of the mill soap. Kind of like Palmolive type scent. I found the cream great in some areas and so so in others. Not sure if I'll seek it out but I enjoyed trying it!

Jim99, Spyder and Vlasta like this.
  2. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Sample L is by far the best performing cream I have used. The scent I'm not so sure of but the slickness, cushion and post shave feel. Fantastic!!!

3. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Hi - when you guys have all finished please send the completed sheets to stevetinter1@gmail.com - thanks.

Keithmax, SharptoothC and Spyder like this.
  4. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I will reveal the list to individuals BUT I won't compile the results until I have most of them in - January.... So far very interesting.

5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Sample Lumberton is done and I really liked this one. My favorite of these samples; the scent was great, but I had a hard time figuring it out. It is a bit similar to Tiki Cabernet Neroli to my nose, but definitely different. I really liked it. It was slick and protective. The post shave was good as well. A great way to wrap them up.

I will definitely use your the samples. Thank you @Vlasta this has been fun.

Zykris, Keithmax, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  6. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Thank you Sir - it has been my pleasure.

Zykris, Jim99, SharptoothC and 2 others like this.
  7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I really liked this one as well. I would have to consider it for a buy. Not that I NEED more, but that hasn't stopped me yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Zykris, Vlasta, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

"H"otel was finished. Gobs of thick, slick lather! The scent isn't my favorite but it wasn't bad either.
    I have so far, really enjoyed using creams for this extended period. I do have several creams I use on occasion, however I may be rethinking how much I'll be reaching for a tube vs. a puck in the future:)

Zykris, Jim99 and Vlasta like this.
  9. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    you NEED more...

Zykris, Jim99, GarnerPW and 3 others like this.
  10. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

First shave with “G” tonight. This was the runny one I head about. Great slick lather and initially smelled like soap, but half way through, it came to me:

D66FE937-59BD-4586-BA8A-C29D58D13CF9.jpeg

Vlasta, jason koonce, Zykris and 6 others like this.
  11. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I didn't know Murphy's made shaving soap.

Vlasta, jason koonce, Zykris and 3 others like this.
  12. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    You're right... I doctored it with Murphy's...... only joking!!!!

Zykris, Linuxguile, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Ha! Is that what I was smelling?

Vlasta, Zykris and Linuxguile like this.
  14. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Wrapped up "D" yesterday with a face and scalp shave. 5 days stubble on the scalp and 3 on the face. The cream provided sufficient lather for 2 face passes and 1 scalp pass, so needed to add a little Bigelow to finish off my scalp. Overall, D was just okay - not great but not bad.

Zykris, Vlasta, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  15. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Used I today with a DE and will put it the ‘straight’ test tomorrow.

Vlasta, Troy M, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  16. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

2 shaves into sample E and this is the first one I don't really like. It seems like it is giving me a little irritation. I'll give it one more chance tomorrow and decide if I want to use it up or toss it. It lathers fine, smells okay and is slick, but I have a little sting after I make a pass.

Zykris, Vlasta and Spyder like this.
  17. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Finished G tonight. I detected a hint of menthol. I really liked this one:) Actually none so far were bad.

Jim99, mrchick, Zykris and 1 other person like this.
  18. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I have made it through J now, and J was a dud for me, so far the only dud. I will finish the last two next week. Can't wait for the unveiling.

Jim99 and Spyder like this.
  19. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I sent mine to you, @Vlasta. Please let me know if you are able to access it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Vlasta, Spyder and Keithmax like this.
  20. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

First shave with “F” I like it. Enough lather for four passes. Scent is light, and dissipates after rinsing. Overall, I like it.

Vlasta, Keithmax and Jim99 like this.