Fuel Separation Systems

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Warp47, May 23, 2018.

1. Warp47

Warp47 New Member

Does anyone here own a diesel vehicle? I am just wondering if you guys have any experience with fuel separation systems like Fass Fuel? What are its benefits?

2. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

I have small operating experience of the diesel engine. I can offer the opinion and it does not mean, that concerns to that type of fuel system which is present at your engine. It seems to me, that it is much more rational to replace filtering element, much more often, than it is recommended the manufacturer. To not forget to merge a sediment in the fuel filter, not expecting fire of a bulb on the panel of devices which signals about availability of water in the fuel filter.

У меня есть небольшой опыт эксплуатации дизельного двигателя. Я могу высказать своё мнение и оно не означает, что относится к именно тому виду топливной системы, которая присутствует в вашем двигателе. Мне кажется, что гораздо рациональнее заменять фильтрующий элемент, гораздо чаще, чем это рекомендовано производителем. Не забывать сливать отстой в топливном фильтре, не ожидая загорания лампочки на панели приборов, которая сигнализирует о наличии воды в топливном фильтре.

PanChango likes this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I have a 2006 Dodge 2500 with a Cummins Diesel. No Fass system, but I did have to drain about 1 cup of Fuel/Water from the fuel Seperator/Filter yesterday. It was acting up, now and then, on starts. I also poured some Howes Fuel Treatment in the tank. Just for good measures.
    BTW, I've heard good things the FASS systems, for those who are paranoid about their fuel, or for those who constantly get poor quality fuel.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    AlDm and PanChango like this.
  4. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

Warp 47
    At operation of the diesel engine there should be all of high quality. Fuel - from the reliable manufacturer.
    The fuel filter - from the known and checked up manufacturer.
    Fuel filters of poor quality suffer that while in service there is a loss of fine fibers of a filtering element and hit of these fibers in the fuel equipment.
    Oil for the engine - only oil for the diesel engine, and only better quality.
    It that I can advise you, proceeding from operating experience of the diesel car. It Nissan. With engine Nissan CD17. With a mechanical box of transfers, 4WD connected is forced from salon.

При эксплуатации дизельного двигателя должно быть всё хорошего качества. Топливо - от надёжного производителя. Топливный фильтр - от известного и проверенного производителя. Топливные фильтры низкого качества страдают тем, что в процессе эксплуатации происходит отрывание мелких ворсинок фильтрующего элемента и попадание этих ворсинок в топливную аппаратуру.
    Масло для двигателя - только масло для дизельного двигателя, и только лучшего качества.
    Это то, что я могу вам посоветовать, исходя из опыта эксплуатации дизельного автомобиля. Это Nissan. с двигателем Nissan CD17. С механической коробкой передач, 4WD подключаемой принудительно из салона.

5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Never heard of an added fuel separation system. Been driving the same Ford F250 diesel truck as my daily driver for 13 years now. I add a couple cups of Marvel Mystery Oil every third fill up or so. Been using MMO ever since I added it to my fuel tank and used it to blow the carbon off of a stuck lifter one time.