Fume Lavender shaving soap - Turkish delight!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by crackstar, Apr 29, 2012.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Another example of Turkey's great stuff which I received on Friday, and I highly recommend it!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--So easy to lather and so nice!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Perfect. Multi-passes are no problem at all.

General skincare: 10/10--Not only soothing and moisturizing, this stuff relaxes the nervous system.

Scent: 8/10--Lovely. A mild and traditional lavender.

Price: N/A--I don't know about the price. It was a trade.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Absolutely. It's a terrific soap.

I traded some stuff with a Turkish gentleman on another wetshaving board, and he sent me this treasure. I am so impressed with it in every way!

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Can you post a pic, Jeff? We need our eye candy, you know. ;)

3. KLF

KLF Doctorin

Yes. post a pic please. I've been able to find Arko shaving cream in Tel Aviv, so maybe I'll find this soap also if I know how it looks.

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

5. IAmTheJody

6. crackstar

Jody, thanks for the help. I was going to do it, but I see you came to my rescue! :rofl:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thanks for the pics!

Oh, and now I remember that I was interested in these having seen them on the "other" board. However, in case it matters to anyone, they do contain SLS (and so I decided to pass).

8. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Just received my shipment of FUME. Not sure if it's the same as you reviewed. Isn't labeled Lavender. (jar is the same as in your write up.) Has a sticker on the lid saying "COOL". Fragrance? Manly.

crackstar likes this.
  9. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Cool is the other FUME scent, as far as I understand...but not in a mentholated kind of way.

10. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Will let you know what it's like tomorrow!

11. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I used this for the first time today.Masses of lather and a very pleasant scent. This would be a great option for those who want to use a Turkish soap which doesn't smell like Arko. I actually had to add more water to get the right consistency. The tub holds a massive 300g and has a nice wide neck which makes it 'an absolute doddle' to load the brush.

12. IAmTheJody

Good point. Another Turkish soap that doesn't smell like Arko is Dalan D'men. It's one of my favorites, especially the Sensitive version.

13. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

You guys are killing me. I have so many soaps and the "must try" list is getting huge! I think I already have enough soaps & creams to last nonstop to 2020...

burnout961 likes this.
  14. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Is that a soap....or a cream? I have a tube of the menthol cream......I haven't found a soap yet

15. crackstar

Ahhhhhhh, ok. I have the lavender scented one. If you look at Jody's photo, you'll see two tubs of this soap. The Cool is on the left, and the Lavender is on the right.

16. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Good morning. Tried the COOL this morning with a straight edge shave. Fragrance was ok, lathered was the only negative was that it seemed to dry out on my face very quickly. Lather was still there but when I went from one side to the other it felt dry and I relathered each side. You were right on the menthol it felt cool but not menthol cool.