Gillette E1 Flare Tip with Open Tooth Design? What IS this?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Tishcal, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Agreed...

2. Tishcal

Tishcal New Member

After much debate I have decided to put the prototype razor up for sale on Ebay. I will be sad to let it go but I am also excited to see what the value might be.

Thanks for all of the helpful info. I have mentioned TheShaveDen in my listing description.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
  3. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Good luck with it!

How did you find this one again?

5. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

It will also be interesting to see at what $ point the reserve is lifted.

6. Tishcal

Tishcal New Member

I found it at a Thrift/Antique store in Massachusetts.
    Had to put the reserve on there to make sure I didn't end up giving it away. I am not too savvy with Ebay so a no reserve auction scares me!

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Losing out without a reserve is the LAST thing you'd need to worry about with that particular razor. You could start it at 99 cents and end up taking your wife out for a top of the line dinner with change left over. Plenty of change.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  8. Mr. Shaverman

Yeah, looking at the auction it appears reserve has been met and is well on it's way...

9. Timelord

Timelord I get 12 times the shaves out my blades!

I hope it's a better deal than the $1800 fat boy on there now

10. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

GLWTS.

11. Tishcal

Tishcal New Member

Well the reserve was met and them somehow the bid got retracted so now it in not met again. Didn't think you could withdraw a bid once placed. Hmmmm - baffled.

12. Mr. Shaverman

Yeah, you can retract a bid as long as it's not within the last 24 hours of the auction. Ebay gives you like 3 reasons why you can do it, 2 have to do with the seller being sneaky and the third one is that you bid the wrong amount and need to rebid. That's probably what the person did, just said they bid the wrong amount and were going to redo it, then never redid it. As a buyer you can do that occasionally, but if you do it too much you'll get suspended.

Looking at the auction, I'm wondering if they did that just to see what the reserve was placed at. That's one of the reasons I don't do reserves. If it's just to insure you get a certain amount it's usually better to start the auction at what you'd put the reserve to be, or if you start it low to state what the reserve is in the auction description.

13. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Nice razor, very interesting thread. Learn something new every day.