Gillette Milords

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by '65 G-Slim, Feb 25, 2017.

1. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I just like these things...
    [​IMG]
    My '46, '47, and '48/49. I also have a '51 and (what was listed as ) a'40, but don't have the cases for them, and they aren't in near as nice condition as these (I'm considering getting them replated so they'll fit in). I know they're just fancy plated Super Speeds, but they're simple, efficient, and just flat-out look great.

AGHisBBS, wristwatchb, gorgo2 and 6 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I like those too. I have yet to get one though. I have the Sheraton and 46-47 SS though. Yours look in great shape.

'65 G-Slim likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Phenomenal shavers!

'65 G-Slim likes this.
  4. '65 G-Slim

Curious, though, and maybe someone here with more knowledge than I can answer this...

Looking at mr-razor's site, there's a '48 and '49 Super Speed shown, the only difference being the case. But there is only a '49 Milord. Did Gillette skip a year, and produce only the '49 model? Maybe it would have been redundant to show *all* years (it skips to '53, too...and I have a '51). I can see that, seeing how's there's no diff between them until the change in the stamping inside the base plate in 1950, and the advent of date codes in '51.

Could be I'm just splitting hairs due to senility...

5. '65 G-Slim

I used a Vaskhod in my newest tonight, and I must agree.

gorgo2 likes this.
  6. '65 G-Slim

The cases show very slight wear...but the razors are as close to mint as can be. The '48/49 looks unused.

Jayaruh likes this.
  7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Nice Milords! I was lucky enough a little over a year ago to get a great deal on an uncased 48/49. It has some gold missing from the doors and safety bars, but is otherwise gorgeous and a wonderful razor.