Gillette Old Type

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by DDuckyMark, Aug 11, 2015.

1. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I got my old type in the mail today and was very disappointed. The teeth were not straight as was stated in the auction. Also, one of the teeth right in the middle of the bent few was broken off in the box. The case was in really good shape compared to the other one I got and except for an odd pink stain around the comb it cleaned up rather well. some scrub and bubbles and some CLR made it shimmer glimmer and shine. The top plate has most of its plating but the est is all brass. The handle is cracked near the ball end and there is some plating remaining in the grooves and on the Ball part.

I'll still clean it up and use it if I can. the bent 2 or 3 teeth aren't bent that badly and hopefully the missing tooth won't affect it too badly.

Pictures in a few min after I charge my phone up some.

Bama Samurai and GDCarrington like this.
  2. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the poor picture quality. The phone is downstairs somewhere and the light is dim. I'm not willing to wake the fiance until morning. I'll change these out with better quality photos after she wakes up.

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

It should work fine. The guarding action is still in place. If it were 3 or 4 teeth out next to each other then that would cause an issue.

Rufus T. likes this.
  4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Too bad it didn't come out as expected, but I agree: it should work fine. So take it for a spin and enjoy!

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    For a 90 year old razor those flaws are expected. My OT is pretty aggressive. I hope you get some good shaves out of yours.