Gillette Platinum blade review

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by feeltheburn, May 4, 2013.

1. KLF

KLF Doctorin

The Gillette Platinum are still in production. You can buy them for 30$ for 100

2. DRIVER_B

DRIVER_B Member

I just randomly used one of these from a variety pack in my R41 + Weber Bulldog. I have to say I am impressed. Very smooth. Moderate sharpness and not quite as much as my go to Astra SP but smoother. Too bad they are so much more expensive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

feeltheburn likes this.
  3. alex01

alex01 Active Member

I got through more than just a couple of packs and it seems that they are a bit inconsistent, you can get a pack that is very sharp and keep the edge well and another pack that literally scratches your face (i'd say 1 pack in 5), but for the most part the gillette platinum blades are a good buy for the price (about 0.70$ for a pack of 5 here). As for longevity I only use a blade for 3 or 4 shaves because they seem dull after, but it might just be me, so about a week of shaveing for 0.15 is more than acceptable for me. They also clean pretty well after the shave (no white goo with just a rinse in a not so hot water). For the fancy factor there is nothing fancy about them, they will not be a conversation starter (probably no shaveing baldes should ever be) but they do the job done and get it done well.