Ginger's Garden Soap Review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by DBart., Feb 9, 2017.

1. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

This will be quick. I did a brief search and found that these reviews go back at least 7 years ago and pop up about every year. I am sure that are many more I have not found in other threads.
    I won the Newbie contest in January. One of the gifts was a Ginger's Garden gift certificate. And like every person with instant-gratification-itis, could not wait to place an order! In trying to be a good husband, I loaded 2 girly scented hand soaps into my cart for my awesome wife. Yea, I said girly. I like girly. I continued to look at her other products especially the shave soaps. I really liked their descriptions and was amazed at the scent offerings. I was starting to get overwhelmed when I decided to take a shot. I ended up choosing the (FLOWER GRENADE- bergamot, jasmine, iris, violet, freesia, citrus, cedarwood, ozone, musk, (vanilla - I had them substitute GARDENIA for the Vanilla), patchouli, rose and tonka bean. WOW this is an amazing, rich sent!! I chose gardenia over vanilla, because I love vanilla, but only as a dessert. That and I really love the scent of gardenia. I let them know my selection and received the soaps in just a few days after the order.
    1) awesome customer service
    2) awesome products
    3) awesome lather (but you have to work for it)
    4) super rich (deep) scent but not overpowering.
    The two for my wife were terrific. Beautifully wrapped and wonderfully scented. The shave soap came in a really cool flip-top and twist top plastic container. It was filled to the lip! It is a dense soap. Not a puck, not a cream. I will use it often.
    Thank you to the crew at Ginger's!
    DB

Ksblazer, RyX, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I only have one of Irena's older soaps which is the Ice Mint. I find it to be very nicely-scented with good lather and a decent middle of the road cooling sensation. Lots of skincare also.

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I won a Ginger's Garden Tallow Suede in the Feburary Raffle and am also intrigued with the flip-top container.

I have not used the product yet though.

Paul Turner, DBart. and crackstar like this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

As soon as I can free up a few extra bucks I might buy a couple more Ginger's Garden soaps.

DBart. likes this.
  5. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

Flip top is ok. The scents are deep.

6. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

Let me know what the suede smells like please. Did you go vegan or tallow?

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

T'was advertized as tallow, and is indicated as tallow on the label.

The scent... I think it could be classified as barbershopish.

8. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

Thanks!