Giorgio Shaving Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tshusker, Nov 3, 2017.

1. tshusker

tshusker Member

Does anyone own, or have you seen or have info about this Giorgio Trac II Shaving Razor? I've been in contact with Giorgio Armani and they reported, "Giorgio Armani Beauty does not sell razors of any kind."

I'm a bit stumped. The Giorgio name branded on the handle sure looks like Giorgio's, and a Google search found absolutely nothing about this razor. It measures 5.5" long, and weighs a a comfortable 1.6 oz.

Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Tom
    001b.jpg

002b.jpg

003.jpg

2. jar

jar Well-Known Member

If adding a name increases the selling price then that's what folk will do. Send a picture to Giorgio to forward to their legal department. The imprint definitely looks stamped.

tshusker likes this.
  3. tshusker

tshusker Member

Yep, names sell (e.g., Sony, Lexus, etc). The stamped nature of the name was a bit of a flag for me, and with Giorgio's response (I did send them pics), it confirmed for me that probably not the real deal. Still a nice razor, but not a "Giorgio." Alas...

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I think it is entirely possible that the current management team does not know, or has no record of a gift set that included a branded razor, soap/cream and an aftershave and/or cologne.

I was in court the other day and the plaintiff produced a witness that was "the corporate custodian of records" and there were many questions he could not answer, or had no knowledge of.

I do not observe calendar specific holidays, but I do know that gift sets of toiletries or booze or whatever are mass produced and offered around this time of year.

OTOH, a cart razor handle does not interest me enough to delve any deeper into the provenance of this item.

tshusker likes this.