Godrej Menthol Mist shaving cream - Brrrrrrrr cold and beautiful!

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by crackstar, Aug 17, 2011.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

One of the finest and most enjoyable shaving creams ever to be produced in India. It is something every menthol freak like me needs in his Stash!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Come on, a 95 year old grandma with arthritis can get it to work! :rofl:

Longevity of lather: 10/10--No problem for multiple passes.

General skincare: 9/10--Great! Icy, frigid menthol hits you almost immediately when you're lathering up.

Scent: 8/10--Hey, I like it a lot. I didn't at first, but now I do. Very mentholy and old-school.

Price: 10/10--I paid very little for it when I bought it!

Would I buy again: 10/10--Ohhhhhh, I cannot be without this Indian treasure!

For a menthol lover who is on a tight budget, Godrej Menthol Mist is a wonderful buy. You cannot beat the rich, creamy and luxurious lather it gives, and the potent menthol punch and smooth feeling it gives your skin, and the scent is great. Highly recommended by Jeff, the Cracky Wacky Ticky Tacky King of Menthol Kings! $(KGrHqEOKi0E0k(,Iql1BN,pWjbB!w~~_3.jpg :biggrin:

Mechguy and Asd like this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Godrej Menthol Mist is a great cream indeed! I just wish I could find a source for it at the super cheap price that it originally sells for!

crackstar likes this.
  3. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

LOVE the Godrej Menthol Mist .. it was my first Menthol Monday shave!

4. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

With these recomendations, I have to get a tube and try it.

5. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I love the Godrej creams... the scents are not top knotch but everything else is great with them. I love mixing Godrej cream with JM. Frasers. The scents is amazing as well as the lather. Very protective. I want to get a tub of Frasers and then add a tube of godrej :).

6. crackstar

This is funny, but at first I did not like too much the scents from any of the Godrej creams. Now, I like them all.

7. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Well i really like the scent of their original. Havn't used any of their lime one however like i said the original with the lime scent of frasers is abosulty amazing. The two limes together might be great as well.

I don't think the scent is horrid... it just smells like bathroom cleaners to me. But as you said it might grow on me. I only got 1/3 of a tube from Jeff in a trade... I think it was Jeff :). It still is a great cream don't get me wrong. I wish I could get it locally... heck I wish i could get many more products locally.

8. crackstar

I had a lot of good luck in the past winter. There is a small store owned by a guy from Bangladesh who brought back a bunch of the Godrej creams, and I bought the most of them. However, he was telling me that unless you go there - either to India or Bangladesh, it is almost impossible to get these creams. I find the Deluxe or Rich Foam creams of Godrej so nice in the scent. Very barbershoppy and old-school.

9. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Is the Delux and Rich Foam the same?

Ya my supervisor is going to India this winter, I have asked him to bring me some back. He said he would but that is somewhat doubtful :).

10. crackstar

Yes, the Deluxe and Rich Foam are identical. I think just the colors of the tubes are different for some reason.

11. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Ok cool. I think I have just used... the Rich Foam.

What are the different colors? Rich is red. Is the Deluxe the Orange tube?

12. crackstar

The Deluxe tube is a marroon color, and the Rich Foam is an ordinary red color. Same terrific cream!

13. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Ok so just pretty much identical.

The Delux was introduced in 2005. While rich foam was in 68.

What is the orange tube though???

14. crackstar

That, I don't know! :(

15. zirvan

zirvan Member

Yes it's strange - it seems that in the U.S., even in some of the smaller towns that have a South Asian store, they are more able to find Godrej locally, while that doesn't seem to be the case up here. I remember coming across a forum for Indian immigrants to Canada and one guy had asked where to buy Godrej in Toronto. Nobody had an answer for him (and in fact, they were all badgering him to adopt "Canadian ways" now that he was in Canada, and just go buy a can of foam).

16. Mechguy

I just got my mentol mist the other day, and I have to say I like it. The sent is like it was described above, a bit artifical, but nice and cooling. I have to say It has some very skin care properties, leaves the face feeling good all day, even if I'm working and sweating up a storm.

Thanks for the recomendation, this might be my travel cream for awhile.

17. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

I love Menthol Mist. There's nothing I don't like about it. Except paying $5 shipping for a $2 tube of cream.

18. ¢orey

¢orey New Member

My first review ever (I'm very much a noob) so here goes:

Ease of lathering: 8/10 - Quite easy.

Longevity of lather: 9/10 - No significant breakdown in the mug.

General skincare: 7/10 - Menthol felt great, more noticeable than Proraso.

Lubrication: 7/10 - Blade glide was smooth

Scent: 2/10 - Smelled kind of fake...a cross between menthol and urinal cakes.

Price: 7/10 - Cheap ($2.49 at a local store), but for 70g. I'd rather get the Buy Two, Get One of C.O. Bigelow (Proraso).

Would I buy again: 5/10 - Love the menthol and that's why I'd re-buy. I like the smallish sized tube too. Still, I don't think I'd seek it out

Mechguy and Dridecker like this.
  19. Mechguy

What local store did you find the menthol mist at, I wanna go there.

20. ¢orey

¢orey New Member

I found it in Chicago on Devon Avenue. I was with my g/f (who happens to be Indian, btw) and we walked into a convenience type store that was on the North Side of the Street -- maybe about 2500 West on Devon. Unfortunately, the store was pretty unremarkable and I didn't catch a name. If I make it back (actually, I'm sure I will make it back to Devon), I will see if I can pick up some spares. They also had the lime scent along with some other Indian cream, whose name escapes me at the moment.

I should add that Devon Street is a large Indian area in Chicago. If you go to an Indian neighborhood, that might help. I looked at a couple Indian stores in the suburbs and no luck.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.