Got a new SS, but.. Ultrasonic cleaner broke.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Bookworm, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Well, after 10 years, it looks like the piezoelectric element may have broken loose from the base of the steel bowl. *grumble*. I've only used it for 10 years, at least once a month ( to clean some knives of pocket lint and dirt). So, I guess I'll be visiting Harbor Fright tomorrow.

However, the SS cost $10, and it's a Z-3 to replace the one I PIF'ed out. The antique marketplace was open today, but the person who had the stuff I wanted to check out kept disappearing when I wanted to look in the case, and most of it he had taken to a show last weekend and hadn't put back out. (He's in a wheelchair and has a severe speech problem. I suspect cerebral palsy or similar)

So, once I get a new cleaner, I guess I'll post before and after pictures. I'm going to see if I can get a couple of those vendors to possibly get onto one or more of the boards like here to sell their razors and hones.

BW

RyX likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Grab that Harbor Freight advertisement. Get a Freebie & 20 or 25% off your purchase. Please let me know how the New and Improved Ultrasonic Cleaner works for you!
    I have a number of found in the wild vintage DE razors that ought to get the treatment from what I hear.

3. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I'm debating on getting the HF special, or ordering one from ebay. (where I can use paypal)