got a slim

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by casper, Dec 26, 2013.

1. casper

casper Member

i just may do that. not sure yet. although it is a very nice slim, there should not be any visible brass showing. anywhere. i really dont want to give it back, i would just like a reasonable refund of a few bucks. but i dont think the seller will do that, its probably a full refund with return of razor and thats it. so im gonna keep checking for another nice slim, and if i find one, i may just try and return that one. the guy i got it from is just so used to people paying outrageous prices for his razor, that he probably feels that i paid a fair price for it. but he does not understand that if i took this same razor i got from him, and listed it on ebay, i would only get half the money that i paid for it.

2. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Casper, this kind of nonsense from Ebay sellers makes me sick. Don't bother looking for another Slim. Send me a private message with your name and address and I will send you a MINT Slim (Free). Merry Christmas my TSD friend.

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Casper you better jump at that and BigT that is a truly gracious offer. Well played BigT, well played indeed.

2grubswrestle1 and BigT like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Oh, yeah!!! Way to go BigT!!!

5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Outstanding BigT!! Well done Sir!!

6. casper

casper Member

that is truly the nicest thing someone has done for me. i will definitely have to pay it forward to someone, some day. thanks bigt

2grubswrestle1 and GDCarrington like this.
  7. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

You da' man, BigT!

2grubswrestle1 and GDCarrington like this.
  8. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Casper, I have just completed sterilizing it for you. It is all packaged an ready to ship. ENJOY!

2.JPG 1.JPG

9. casper

casper Member

awesome!!! looks nice a nice slim to me! i will definetly keep that razor and take good care of it. thanks man

GDCarrington and BigT like this.
  10. VintageShave

VintageShave Member

I haven't purchased on the Bay yet, mainly because I always wonder how accurate the pictures and description are.

11. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

I defiantly put it threw to eBay we will see what happends

12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

It always pays to review the Seller's history and track record of feedback.

13. Jim Winters

Jim Winters Member

hmmmm as a buyer and seller, I always ask a lot of questions of sellers including requesting additional photos if I feel I need them. As a seller, I expect to get a lot of questions that I am always too glad to answer. One other thing I can say, is if you can try to stick to auctions only so that you can set your limits. It is usually a Buy Now situation that ends up being trouble in my opinion. At least in an auction, you have some control

Just my 2 cents worth

BigT likes this.
  14. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

"VERY" generous BigT....:happy088:

BigT likes this.
  15. nascarfandan

nascarfandan Active Member

Two things...BigT, that was very generous of you. Awesome move. Second. Why is it that folks are apprehensive it seems to "out" sellers on ebay that do not provide items as advertised. Or, on the flip side praise sellers that provide good service. I would imagine that a forum as large as this would be able to let it's members know which sellers to avoid and which can be trusted. just thinking out loud.

178-bplatoon and Jim Winters like this.
  16. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I don't know about the rest but I don't mention sellers names either way because I don't want others to think I have an ulterior financial motive.

17. 178-bplatoon

I used to think like fram773, but now I just try to relay my experiences with sellers good or bad accurately and then let the other adults on this forum make up their own minds..I had never even hardly heard of ebay much less bought anything off of it before I discovered "traditional" shaving and got a "TERMINAL" case of RAD..:happy102:

So I'd like to say two things "MOST" sellers that I've dealt with have been honest, if sometimes uninformed people, who are looking to make an honest dollar.
    Also "LET the BUYER BEWARE" it's up to us as individuals to control our desires and to do our due diligence when it comes to buying things shaving related "no matter how hard that is"... I know for me personally that is somtimes VERY,VERY hard!!!:D

As a group all we can and should do I.M.O. is accurately and truthfully share information good or bad with each other...:) As individuals we need to police our own selves and act responseably..:happy088:

:happy093:HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY :happy093:

18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

We've had to shut down threads where TSD members got into a "shouting" match over a vendor. One person said the vendor was great, the other person didn't seem to think so. When the members started to turn on each other...

By the way, the vendor was not a TSD member.

BigT and 178-bplatoon like this.
  19. 178-bplatoon

Thats what I mean by act responseably, if a couple of guys are going to disagree/argue/debate, it's fine to start out in public, but then if it get heated and long term continue the discussion in private in the inbox forum, so the whole forum doesn't have to be bothered with it.....Just saying..:innocent

BigT and swarden43 like this.
  20. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I've only bought from Ebay twice and both times I received the wrong product. The last item I ordered was camcorder and I received a set of handlebars for a child's tricycle. The vendor would not respond so Ebay had to resolve it. I have zero patience when it comes to things like this so I just stay clear. Even if I were still buy from Ebay I wouldn't post a bad sellers name because I wouldn't want to get into an online argument with other members. If we were face to face it would probably be different. We could sit down, have a cold beer together and argue for hours. I consider all you guys and gals my friends and I don't want to do or say anything that would change that. My rule is to stay away from topics such as Ebay, religion and politics.

2grubswrestle1 and fram773 like this.