Has anybody experience the Provence Sante Green Tea scent shaving soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by SpeedyPC, Sep 15, 2016.

1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

G'day ;)

Has anybody experience the Provence Sante Shaving Soap is made in France is known for its skin conditioning properties and the slickness/glide of its lather. Now available with a lighter and moisturizing with a rich lather and a very refreshing green tea scent. Glycerin, shea butter, and luzenac talcum (to fight razor irritation) are blended in a smooth vegetable base is about 100g.

Cheers ;)

[​IMG]

crackstar likes this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I had a puck of the stuff several years ago.
    I don't know if it was just an older formulation or if they've changed the soap at all since then— although I enjoyed the fresh, light tea scent, I found it difficult to achieve what I consider 'decent' shaving lather from the soap. Thin, drippy lather that really had to be worked to set-up properly.
    After a half-dozen mornings or so trying to work with it, I finally gave up and PIF'd the puck.

SpeedyPC likes this.
  3. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@HolyRollah the Provence Sante Green Tea Shaving Soap is now off my shopping list

4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Too many good, proven soaps out there to bother with less-than-steller performers, IMO. :happy088:

5. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

For me it's been a top performer, one of my favorite soaps. I have both the Green Tea and the Verlaine, I prefer the Green Tea but both are good. I always get a good lather, never had a problem with it and I'm surprised to hear about a bad experience with it. I always look forward to using it, it's like giving myself a treat. I think I'm going to treat myself tomorrow morning.:)

deoxy4 likes this.
  6. deoxy4

deoxy4 Member

I agree, Provence Sante and Pre de Provence are great soaps. Always will be in my rotation as well as MWF in the winter. I consider each to be top notch and outstanding values that can be purchased for under $10/puck.

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I used it years ago when it was a "one off" (or maybe it was a group buy) for the members of Badger & Blade. The lather was sufficient, but not stellar and while I initially liked the scent, I got tired of it quickly. I don't think I even finished the puck.

8. Edwin Jagger Loyalist

Edwin Jagger Loyalist Active Member

I've had nothing but good shaves with the Provence Sante soaps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk