Headblade question?

Discussion in 'Head shaving' started by senex, Feb 20, 2012.

1. senex

senex Member

Where is the cheapest place to get a Headblade that supports international sale?
    Also is the Ghost and good or should I go for the standard model?

This will be used for my first head shave ever.

2. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Be careful with those because if your technique is off you'll carve a chunk out of your scalp. It's very easy to cut yourself with one but, there are a lot of people that like them as well. For the money I'd just buy a fusion or hydroglide but in buying one of the headblades I'd start with the standard model.

3. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

by chunk think dime size ,that wont quit bleeding because well its a chunk missing

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Don't know if it's cheapest but according to their web site, this is their Official HeadBlade Australia Shop: http://www.shave.com.au/brands/HeadBlade.html

They list other retailers in your country as well here: http://www.headblade.com/retailers.html

I see many on eBay that ship worldwide but the postage may be the same as you just buying it from the web site there in Australia.

And I learned something new about the HeadBlade... GILLETTE SLALOM/ATRA cartridges fit it. These can be found for much cheaper prices than HeadBlade-brand carts.

5. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

FWIW..

When I was shaving my head I used a headblade. It's decent, but I preferred to use a Gillette Fusion. This is prior to falling in love with DE razors.

I wasn't careful the first time I used it and ended up with a few good cuts.

6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I keep my head clean-shaven during the warm months and let it grow during the cold months. When I shave my head, I use a 1910 Gillette single ring, aka Old Type. It's the perfect size and weight for zipping around a skull and being able to do it without much worry on turning your skull into chopped steak. I do have one problem mole on my head but after the first couple of shaves for the year, it's been cut on enough to where it's back even with the skin and isn't a problem the rest of the year. But I've learned the mole does grow during the months it doesn't get shaved. lol

barbersurgeon likes this.
  7. senex

senex Member

ITs GONE
    God it weird having your hand slide off your head in the shower but grip like rubber when you are dry.
    I will post the steps later, I need to stop the blood at the momment.
    I need to get ready for the shock to the family when they wake up....

xCarbonSteelx and IAmTheJody like this.
  8. shawn looker

shawn looker New Member

I had one of the head blades, and I really liked it. My main problem is that I could never find blades locally. Now you can get the headblade and the cartridges at walgreens.

9. shawn looker

shawn looker New Member

Ha, congratulations. I chopped all mine off on christmas 9 years ago. Definitely a good move for me, as I was going bald and aging hippy is not a good look. :)

10. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new look! I really enjoyed my my head shaved but SWMBO didn't, so I grew it back out.

11. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I've used every razor in existence over the past 8yrs of being a headshaver and the headblade ATX beats everything hands down. I use the black adaptor with Gillette sensor 3 knockoffs and shave everyday with no problem. Cut myself ounce because I was asleep at the wheel. Great product IMO. YMMV

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    Austinoire likes this.
  12. Austinoire

Austinoire Active Member

Anybody know where to get more info on this heralded headblade ATX?

13. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........