Help Identifying A Razor Piece

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Superwalrusman, Jul 22, 2016.

1. I recently won an estate auction for 2 severely tarnished comb-bladed Gillette razors. One was an undated brass & was complete with no cracks. It came out beautiful & near flawless!

The second one is pictured. It is a diamond hole model, but after the lemon juice worked it's magic, I ended up with 2 brass parts & 1 copper. (See picture).

Can anyone tell me what model, brand or type razor this cap comes from? It's no big deal, because the auction was $5 for both razors. Just curious.

Thanks!

2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Pictures?

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup. Need pics.

4. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Yep. No pics, never happened...

5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Where's the pictures?????

6. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Without pictures I'm going to take a wild ass scientific guess and call it a ....... Goodwill?

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Jim99 likes this.
  8. OK, thanks. Well since the pieces are not compatible, I will give it to my barber for his display. Thanks everyone.

9. The cap looks lije Goodwill, but is copper. The rest of it is a diamond hole comb blade in brass, but the cap & comb pieces do not match up or line up.

10. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

What you have is a goodwill. All the pieces belong to each other. Gillette used copper on a lot of their razors for the caps.

11. The cap doesn't align to the base though. The slots & bars don't fit, so the blade slides around.

12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Can you show a picture

13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I have one similar, and was sent a handle that didn't belong with it. Check the handle fitting to the base plate. A different handle cured the blade problem, and snugged it all up.

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have a Goodwill similar to that. It is English made for the French market.
    24975215rv.jpg

15. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Similar, but different top cap.