How Barbicide Works

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Edwin Jagger Loyalist, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Edwin Jagger Loyalist

Edwin Jagger Loyalist Active Member

I bought a barbicide jar for my shave den along with a bottle of the product to use. It says to change daily and to use up to 10 minutes but I'm wondering that if I'm using it personally if I could keep the solution there for longer than just a day and use it several times. I checked the company's website and there wasn't anything about it beyond the daily change advice.

2. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

I have the tall jar, like you see in a barbershop. I use the solution for months before changing. Normally when it starts to evaporate to the point where my combs are no longer submergered. Daily change sounds like for commercial use, and marketing to sell more solution.

3. Edwin Jagger Loyalist

Edwin Jagger Loyalist Active Member

Yeah it seems to still work weeks later but I wanted to see what everyone else's experience was like. And yes, seems like a good way to sell more barbicide haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I have a Barbicide jar for display purposes but since I'm not a barber and nobody uses my stuff but me I see no reason to soak everything in a disinfectant. If my flesh starts rotting off I'll get back to you but it's been a good while with no problems.

tuxxdk and Edwin Jagger Loyalist like this.
  5. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Agreed, display for me as well now. When I was buying used razors I used it, but not my own stuff. Toothbrush and dish soap to clean , rinse dry and use, repeat as needed.

RyX, PickledNorthern and Redfisher like this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I use mine when I buy a used razor, but I also just like the cool factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bama Samurai and dbersh like this.
  7. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

True but haven't bought a razor since I don't know when (NB 16 and all that) I did get my free replacement 6S MIM and soaked that.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I keep a container of the Barbercide wipes in the shop for use on all razors before and after all work.
    SafariScreenSnapz1025.jpg

9. 6cuda6

6cuda6 Member

Cool...didnt even know you can get it this way.

10. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

I noticed that the cologne made by Creed called "Original Vetiver" has a barbercide 'note' in it that I think makes it one of the best modern colognes because it uses that old school barber shop smell to give it a really manly appeal.