How do you do wet shave travel?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Fly2High, Feb 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

along with my strop and a tube of cream with a small boar or synthetic brush.

2. Rhody

Rhody Active Member

Great reading all the opinions and experience. I've got a few trips coming up so thus was a helpful read. Not sure what I'll do yet. dE doesn't blend well with one bag travel

mrchick likes this.
  3. JoyceRedn

JoyceRedn New Member

I take shower pocket bag with me wherever I go.

4. Rhody

Rhody Active Member

What's a shower pocket bag?

5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Glad you asked, I was wondering myself.

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  7. wasson

wasson New Member

I pack a three piece Merkur "1904" razor, shave soap, a synthetic shave brush, and blades in my checked luggage, if flying. You cannot carry on DE blades. For other travel, such as cruises, I check the website to read about restrictions. If I must, I will bring a disposable double blade razor.

8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Just had a week of shaving with a Gillette Atra, and "Made in Israel" cartridges. Also took a Wilkinson Sword stick with me, and a synthetic brush. Plus a small bottle with Nivea ASB. Excellent shaves.

9. ugadawg

ugadawg Well-Known Member

I've been traveling more recently and I don't check my bag. I bought a 3 pack of 1oz AOS shaving cream samples on eBay. I like it because it can be used brushless if I'm a hurry. I also carry my razor I'm a Waterfield travel case and my brush in a Muhle travel tube. I take my razor out of the case and disassemble it before I send it through the scanner so I don't get stopped. I have forgotten to do that twice and I was stopped both times to show no blade was in it.

10. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I pack my Gillette sensor, Semogue 1520, and either a cream, or soap in my dopkit kit. For an aftershave I take my bottle of Gillette Aftershave Gel.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

11. jmudrick

jmudrick Well-Known Member

I'm away for two months, a different kettle of fish but this has worked out well, one handle, six heads and my Tabac squeezed into a deodorant stick.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mrchick and twhite like this.
  12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Man you are like James Bond of the shaving world. Dig your travel setup. Something for every mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mrchick and jmudrick like this.
  13. jmudrick

jmudrick Well-Known Member

The Aston Martin has a dedicated compartment where the kit goes on road trips. :)

I've enjoyed this so much I'm already thinking of different heads for next year's trip.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mrchick and twhite like this.