How does the 1950's Mircormatic shave?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brumble, Mar 26, 2009.

1. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

I can understand why you like the Junkomatic. Simple you are a lover of DE razors and SE razors are only a second thought. That is okay with me as I find some DEs very special too. But if you shaved with a '12 or one of the lather catchers you would not want a thing to do with the Junkomatic. As for the G-Bar, never shaved with one and most likely never will. Too new for me.

Hey this fun, talking about the Junkomatic. Almost fun like talking politics. But we won't got there.

Hey, have a great evening with your DEs and G-Bar and Junkomatic. :happy001

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Some guarantee that was. :rolleyes:

I'll have to give the 1912 a few more shaves I guess.

3. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Yeh, I guess that was some guarantee! :happy088

4. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Yuck. Go American with Levi Garrett or Rooster. ;)

5. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

Those guys wouldn't stand a chance against Steve Irwin and Crocodile Dundee!! To modify a quote."That's not a razor.This is a razor.":D

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

With practice and patience you can get a good shave from them.. At least I can. I agree that the 1912 is better. and I think my 1908 and 1910 are even better still.. But you need to use it to see how it works for you. Let us know.

7. brumble

brumble New Member

Wow, looks like this is a love it or hate it razor. Haven't picked it up yet, but since it's started quite a bit of discussion figured I'd post a pic.

Attached Files:

8. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

Nice one.;)That particular Micromatic is the mildest shaver of the various models. Enjoy.:D

9. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

People sure do get their nuts in a bunch over these Gems!!