How Weird Is This?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I no sooner discover that one of my Aristocrats is actually the less common 1941 Regent Tech (that came in a very unique case) when one shows up on eBay!! :eek:

Needless to say, my snipe was set VERY high, and the other bidders never knew what hit them.
    [​IMG]

2. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Nice! The case is really cool.

3. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

These uncommon razors come in waves for some odd as of yet unexplained reason. I hadn't ever seen a blue tip Rocket on eBay and then saw two in two weeks time! :confused:

Nice score Rick! I bet that case will clean up nice.

4. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

:signs131

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I've noticed this too. You won't see a Toggle in forever and a day, but when one shows up, then five or six more come out of the woodwork also. I have seen the same thing happen with Diplomats and Presidents too. Go figure.

So where are the Double Rings hiding at? ;)

6. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Two showed up at the same time a few months ago. I got one and Dave got the other. A couple weeks later, two more showed up at the same time and went for some serious dough. One of them was a Pat. Apl. for double ring.

I guess I'll have to bid higher on the next regent tech case:D

Oh, I have heard there is some contraversy about what razor goes into the regent tech box. Some say the regent tech is the senator w/ a different name and others say it is the aristocrat w/o end caps. I have only seen 3 or 4 and they all had the aristocrat in them, but I have heard the collectors guide book has a senator in it.

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

There is definitely some controversy about this, but I am going to stick my neck out and say that a lot of people have been wrong all this time BECAUSE, how likely could it be that Achim's and the eBay seller's sets are mismatched in the exact same way? THAT would be weird beyond belief!

EDIT: We are discussing what I believe to be a 1941 Regent Tech, and I just noticed that this is post number 1,941 for me! It keeps getting weirder! :whacky011

8. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Yes, that is why I believe we are correct in assuming the Aristo style razor belong in it. It also looks right in the case. I can't imagine a silver razor in that case. Although maybe gillette put both types in that case, they did that sorta stuff.

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Who knows? Production halted because of the war, and maybe Gillette had some excess Senators laying around and stuck them into the Regent Tech cases to get rid of them.

Here's another thing -- has anybody ever seen another Tech razor with an open comb? How about a case for a 1941 Aristocrat, if such a razor existed?