How's Your Day? January 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Jan 1, 2017.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy088:

PickledNorthern and Carbide Mike like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It's been nice day. Pretty quiet. Just before midnight last night our power went out,but came back about 10 minutes later. I was in bed anyway, so no need to be TOO annoyed, but....y'know? Had fun sorting out my Stirling A.S. samples.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  3. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

A good day. Lots of football, just chilling out at home and slow roasting a prime rib roast (medium rare) - our traditional New Years Day dinner. A carnivore's delight.
    Rib Roast.jpg

4. RetLEO-07

Man Col. that's livin'!

Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

And it was good!

Carbide Mike likes this.
  6. RetLEO-07

Well, it certainly looked good!
    :eatdrink023:

Carbide Mike likes this.
  7. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Hung out with the nephew today, watched a bunch of football (which I rarely watch), and watched my Caps win against Ottawa. Plus one of my teenage daughters came out of her room,and into the sunlight with out being forced. Over all a good start to 2017.

Carbide Mike, Erik Redd and RetLEO-07 like this.
  8. RetLEO-07

:happy088:

Carbide Mike and Kenneth Sampson like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Happy New Year!!
    You know you're getting old when your in bed at 8:30pm on New Year's Eve. I don't miss the craziness at all.
    I've decided for the New Year I'd give up watching the news.
    I'm going to spend more time reading and enjoying everyone in my life.

10. RetLEO-07

Now there is a New Year's resolution anybody could get behind, yours truly included. I cut WAAAY back on watching the news during the election cycle. I found myself hollering very unkind things at the talking heads in the magic box, so I started watching old movies and sports.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  11. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I hope she isn't sick. :p

Carbide Mike and Kenneth Sampson like this.
  12. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I used to watch the Sunday morning political talk shows, and stopped a couple of years ago because they always irritated me. I'm better off for it.

Carbide Mike and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  13. RetLEO-07

Today is a good day. Started off with a TERRIFIC Focus shave. Now I'm helping Herself make homemade sauce and meatballs. Gonna watch some CFB with my son later. Yup, livin' large y'all.

Carbide Mike and Col C like this.
  14. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Sitting down and watching M*A*S*H. Cleaning out some of my photography equipment as well as Vape equipment. Wife's orders haha

Carbide Mike likes this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Erik you sound like my friend Matt, we used to talk politics but now we can't stand talking about it.

Carbide Mike and Erik Redd like this.
  16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Well after staying up until 4:30 this morning (Jan 2nd), I have finally finished my web page indicating how I do link building! Last night was the long haul...I had spent hours before too, working on that write-up! Just my process is done. I'm still gonna add descriptions on all the web link is I build....Here's to another 2000 words. :/

Aside from that, we got a new mattress and box spring...Can't wait to get a good night's sleep, for the first time in 10+ years!

My wife got a new sewing machine today, one that can work on larger blankets and has a custom sewing table it goes into!

Other than that, the kids loved Christmas this year! That was great.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

17. RetLEO-07

My usual rising time is 0545. Today for some reason I was awake at 0500. Slid out of the rack without waking the wife. What to do? Broke out the iron and the ironing board. Pressed my uniform and broke out my commendation bars from The Job. Shined my shield and nametag. Boots were already shined. Shaved(see Rules/Focus) and was out of the house by 0710. Cranked up Elmore James in my truck(note to younger members of TSD, if you've never listened, you should), stopped for a NY Post. When I got to work, my boss asked if there was a parade scheduled that he wasn't notified about. It's going to be a great day y'all!

Sergio Avalos, macaronus and Col C like this.
  18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Big fan o' the blues!

19. RetLEO-07

Yesterday I pressed two uniforms so I broke out number two and after another great Focus shave suited up for another day in the exciting world of corporate security. Have a fantastic day y'all.

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Probably best these days to let the headlines do the talking.