How's Your Day? January 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Had a nice workout at the gym this morning. Then the snow began(actually while I was doing the workouts). I just now came back from toughing it out at the supermarket-the snow was still falling.

wristwatchb and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

That's OK, everybody berates Jerseyites.:p

George X, Bama Samurai and RetLEO-07 like this.
  3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Sounds like a solid plan to me!

4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I've been off for about a week to Austria. (NOT AustrALia! ;) ). My Mom (76) and her boyfriend (80) are getting married next march (!) and the voyage to Austria with the family was their way of partying! So they, my borther and his girlfriend, son and daughter, my soon-to-be stepbrother and his two sons and SWMBO, my son and daughter and me left at 04.00 AM and drove for about 12 hours. We stayed there for about a week and almost all the family went ski-ing. Although it hadn't snowed much. Only at the top was some snow. See the pic below. The ski area was just behind the top in the centre. To the left of the centre is a ski slope down to the village, but it is made by snow cannon.

austria 01.jpg

Not me. Ski-ing doesn't appeal to me at all, so I stayed at 'home' some days with my daughter (who didn't ski either). I also went for a walk up the mountain. An almost 900 m (about 2,900 ft) ascent to a cabin which turned out to be closed. And guess what? The exact same distance down again! :p

austria 02.jpg

My son and I also had a ride on a steam train. We all had a great time and came home safely. Back to work tomorrow!

AGHisBBS, wristwatchb, Troy M and 6 others like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Not off to a good start. Water pipes froze, so no coffee and no shave. Hoping maintenance guy isn't too busy today.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Shoveling, clearing off cars, and loading more wood for the wood stove.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Troy M likes this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Frozen pipes, I could probably deal with although not be happy at all about. No coffee is another story.

8. RetLEO-07

NO COFFEE!!:shocked003:

jimjo1031 likes this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Woke up at 4:55am due to the rain banging on my bedroom window due to the high winds, so I got up and opened the back door and found our patio furniture spread all over the place.
    My left knee is starting to feel better, staying off it and keeping it elevated worked wonders.
    I have homemade chicken soup in the crockpot for dinner tonight, it smells so good.

10. RetLEO-07

I prescribe several medicinal doses of your favorite adult beverage as well as rest and elevation. And in your case, as a former NJ resident, I'll waive the $10 co-pay.
    Feel better my brother!

macaronus, Erik Redd and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

Thanks! That's funny.. $10 co-pay :happy102:

Erik Redd likes this.
  12. RetLEO-07

Laughter is good therapy. No extra charge
    :D

macaronus and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

FullSizeRender.jpg Cooped up & bored due to weather. So I made a robot sculpture. Her name is 3D9.

Attached Files:

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Was blessed to fill in for our worship team's bass player. A bit rusty, but had fun.

15. richgem

I'm finishing up day 5 of a 9 day Isagenix diet pack (which actually takes 11 days) and have already lost 6.5 lbs, the majority of which, according to the fancy scale, has been fat. w00t!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  16. RaZorBurn123

3 months ago I bought my wife a new 2017 Hyundai Elantra, we've had the license plates for a little over two months. Well... today I put the plates on :( it doesn't have that "new" car look.

90quattrcoupe, Troy M and Erik Redd like this.
  17. RaZorBurn123

Good for you Rich! Keep it up and keep us posted.
    :happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088:

richgem likes this.
  18. richgem

Thanks!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  19. richgem

Woops... now fixed, but that should say/have said 6.5 lbs, not %.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

Still outstanding!!

richgem likes this.