How's Your Day? May 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    brit, Erik Redd and cliffb599 like this.
  2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

My feet Hurt after Work. But the Cold Beer is going Down Good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Weather is delightful and my husband’s flu is almost gone. Since he felt well enough, we brought our outdoor archery stuff down from the loft and over to the outdoor range. We shot for just a short time, as he is still a bit low on energy, but that’s OK. We both enjoyed getting outside.

Erik Redd, AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Just got a dinner invitation from the couple who now live at my Mom's old house. They sound like nice folks....looking forward to meeting them, but walking into the house will be a little emotional, I'd say. It's this Friday.

AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  5. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Truth be told, my day isn't going so well. I'm in the process of moving to a new location from the house in which I've been renting a room. The owner is trying to sell the property and has been wanting me out for some time, but it's not easy when my income is under $900 a month after taxes, and last month I finally found a suitable location that's within my price range, has sufficient storage space for my belongings, and has a washer and dryer. So I let my landlady know, but she still isn't pleased. She wants $350 from me to pay rent for this month even though I'm moving out this weekend, is trying to get an additional $200 from me for a bathroom sink that decided to fall apart while I was using it (the epoxy holding the ceramic basin to the countertop rotted away a while ago, before I even moved in, leaving only three single-screw brackets to hold it up and two were on the right side and the left one gave out, causing the basin to come fully away), and shelling out to her means I won't be able to move because it will wipe out my deposit to the new landlord-roommate. There's no lease agreement. I offered to sign one when I moved in, but she refused citing her fear that the extra reported income would jeopardize her benefits. I've been packing all week in preparation for Saturday's move. I really don't need this added stress.

Okay, end of venting. Sorry if I bummed anyone out.

Erik Redd likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Frustrating times :-(. The only way I can relate to that is when I had an apartment on the top floor of a house, and the landlady suddenly wrote a note, saying a relative was in town who badly needed an apartment. Guess which one she offered him? The landlady gave me a month to move out, but I called her on that "generosity" and was out in 2 weeks.

AGHisBBS and Michael_W like this.
  7. Michael_W

Yeah. Yeesh! I'd ordinarily be upset to the point of anger, but her elderly father is in the hospital and having gone through my own late father's final medical ordeals, I can sympathize with her emotional state. But that gives her no right to threaten me or make unreasonable demands. I left her a return note calmly explaining the reality of the situation and informing her I will be out on Saturday. And, of course, I will clean up the room before handing in the keys.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Been a nice day. Main achievement was throwing out a lot of papers around my computer, most of which were from animal welfare charities I donate to. I need to cut down on those groups, but I'll still give to a few.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I had to get a new garden hose, as the old one broke. The fun part was getting it around the hose reel.

Cool at last! Our AC as down & the repairman came this morning. The problem was a blown capacitor. So 400 bucks later, the house is cooling off.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    AGHisBBS likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

It's good that your house is "capaciting" again(I never wrote that!!)

Sara-s likes this.
  11. Michael_W

Okay, so, the move went...well, it went. Sprained my ankle in the process and still have to move heavy plastic tubs and furniture all by myself, and on top of that I gave pretty much my entire paycheck to my new landlord-roommate with my next two paychecks also going for deposit plus June's rent. One of the guys I got to help me move broke two pieces of furniture and also left a bunch of my stuff lying in mud. And I have bills coming due in a couple of days to be automatically taken from my bank account, one of which is my phone bill and the other a Target Red Card bill that will send me into overdraft. So yeah, not exactly a good weekend. UGH.

12. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Ooh sorry for your bad day..why do things always seem to happen all at once..:angry032: Usually I find things will start working out again as soon the the next sun rises especially in those 'bad cluster' situations...

AGHisBBS and Michael_W like this.
  13. Slipperyjoe

Got a swore back from a back spasm today..ouch. Taking it easy. Maybe when I rocked I should have made good and sure that when I rocked there was no bone left in the back..might have helped...

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and Michael_W like this.
  14. Michael_W

Went to the E.R. today and got confirmation that I am indeed walking on a sprained ankle. Fortunately, it's not too bad so I should be healed in a week or two assuming I don't injure it worse trying to haul furniture.

AGHisBBS and Slipperyjoe like this.
  15. Paul Turner

My day is starting off with Instant Black Coffee......I didn't pay close enough attention to the Starbux bag I bought(beans, not ground). Good thing I had the instant as backup.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

Hope you can get some help with the hauling. And I hope the ankle gets back to normal soon.

17. Paul Turner

Yes, that must have been reel fun indeed.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

OK, that pun was all wet.

AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Well, at least you said OK.......one outta two ain't bad.

AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  20. Slipperyjoe

Glad your getting back on your feet...

AGHisBBS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.