........"I cant help it , they are all so pretty"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Paul Knight, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Paul Knight

Paul Knight New Member

Dont you just hate it?

All those sparkly razors for sale on Ebay.com whose sellers wont sell to International Buyers!

So many times i have got my hopes up when i see a nice razor only to be thwarted by the ....sorry post to USA only.

Come on guys, eeer sorry and girls (must be pc) - if thats you please sell to us cousins from over the pond, and with realistic postage rates please. -- and No i wont blame you if it goes missing - i trust you so please trust me !!!

Shame i didnt know some one in the US that could consign them to me in a consolidated lot.

I dont mind so much the import duty @ 20% but its the £8 (approx $12 )Internatioanl Postage handling fee we get stung with also per package which is a killer!!

There i go again - must stop ranting

I really do envy you all in the USA for such a plentiful supply of beautiful razors to choose from - and at good prices.

Any one got a Aristocrat No. 16 they would sell me at a reasonable price ?? - pretty pretty please LOL

2. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Yes I hate it. With a passion.

There are way too much good stuff for sale on ebay that is restricted to US only.
    Why?
    Don't they want my money?
    Don't they want to help a fellow severely afflicted with the Gear Acquisition Syndrome?
    Probably not, but it would be good for business. I am sure of it :)

I hope I am not going off topic, but the import description above made me curious.
    In my country we are allowed to import goods valued less than £21/$33.5 (excluding shipping) before we have to pay any tax, VAT's etc.
    If the value exceeds this we have to pay 25% VAT on the whole amount including shipping + a fee of £10 ($15) to the postal service

Is this a common way of doing things in other countries?

3. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

Ditto.

Sometimes when I raise it with sellers they have indicated that they can post to the US from their computer basically but to post internationally requires a trip to the Post Office and queues etc. I can understand if this is the case.

Hanzo likes this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    We go through the same problems when we bid on stuff from the U.K., several members have arrangements with members across the pond How they usually work things is every three months or so, they put a package together and send it off.

If you see a razor you really want, contact the seller. We can change the shipping options if someone gives us a reason. I post stuff up to ship worldwide, but it is a hassle. I found myself in a financial bind recently, so I sold some razors with a free international shipping option. I normally ship internationally at cost.

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Yes, you're right. I contacted a UK seller and he changed his mailing options on his ebay page for me, when originally it said within UK only. Maybe the USA seller would do the same.

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

In Turkey, anything coming in for under $90 is usually left alone...But the shipping cost usually more than make up for it...But razors are inexpensive to ship....But shipping things out is soooo expensive...Even a box blades are cost prohibitive...

7. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

You need to start a network of friends from around the world! ;) that way if you want something, you can bid on it and have it mailed elsewhere (to the friend) and then they can pass it on. But as mentioned above, I have asked several times if they would consider shipping to Canada (when UK or USA only) and 95% have said yes and quoted a rate. If they don't, then you have a buddy backup! (it's more expensive, because of the double postage, but worth it if you really want it)

8. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

You are afflicted with GAS? Oh, my! Better out than in, I always say...

PBSax and Norseman like this.
  9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shipping overseas is a pain for all involved. I have had issues sending from the US and receiving from Europe.