I have 2 questions

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Philq, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Philq

Philq New Member

First is the KENT wool fat in the red package the same as my beloved Mitchel's wool fat. My second involves TSD shave creams, I have read reference to Ice Sub zero yet I only see on the scent list sub zero are they the same or should I be asking for Ice Sub Zero. I would like to try it out.

As always thanks for the information :confused:

2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Yep, Kent soap is the same as MWF.

Sub Zero becomes iced when you spend the extra .50 and get it with added menthol, I guess. :)

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I confirm both answers. Buy with confidence.

4. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Go for the Iced Subzero scent!I just love how your my face feels after using it.
    You can have better deals with Kents soaps than with MWF and being the same soap with different packaging you can save some money.I did buy the Kent refill version and I paid only 4 euros(like 6 dollars)

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yes to both.. Iced just means the extra menthol has been added like already answered.

6. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I confirm Erik's confirmation.

You get get any scent in the AS, ASM, soap, or cream(s) as "Iced" with the added menthol omegapd mentioned. So you can have Iced Lime (a favorite of many here (myself not included)), Iced Patchouli, Iced Cotton Candy, etc.....the list goes on.

7. Special_K

Special_K New Member

I confirm Matt's confirmation of Erik's confirmation.....could not resist and we need some silliness up in this mother right now. :happy102:happy102:happy102:happy102

If your going to go for the subzero scent, you might as well go all out and add the :anifrozenice, ice baby...too cold, too cold!

8. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I run, run, runaway...

from the Marky Mark reference.
    :scared002

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    What Marky Mark reference? :confused: I only see Vanilla Ice referenced.

10. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Vanilla Ice is correct.

Marky Mark and the funky bunch....Good vibrations!

11. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

+1 to what all these guys said about Iced Subzero. It's the bomb. BTW, Vanilla Ice was a musical genius. I'm reminded of Jim Carrey's stirring tribute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A7tLVIsuNw

:happy102:happy102:happy102

12. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I clearly didn't watch enough MTV in the 80's.

13. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I guess queen is right. I thought that Kent shave cream is the same as the Michel's Wool Fat cream. Does Kent makes its own cream.

14. Philq

Philq New Member

OK I made a decision I have ordered the TSD WHEAT ICED SUB ZERO and a couple of pack of blades. SWMBOB is going to kick my @#$%$#. The excuse about the cost of shaving this way being less then the multiy blades I was using is sinking to the bottom of the sea fast. Oh Well at least I can go Happy. Altho she is really going to scream when she sees the antique medicine cabinet I procured to store all this. :D:D:D:D:D

15. JimR

JimR Active Member

There is no Mitchell's Wool Fat cream...The Kent shave soap is rebranded MWF, but I have no idea what the cream is. Probably Creighton's.

A good rule of thumb is, if a company's central business is NOT making soap or cream, and they have a soap or cream with their name on it, they had someone else make it. (This works for other things as well, of course. Trumpers does not make brushes, Henckels does not make hones, etc.).

16. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I loved "In Living Color". The cast was better on that show than in the movies they've done since.