Ikon razors' thread size

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tuxxdk, Jul 16, 2016.

1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Hello

Google is not my friend apparently, regarding Ikon technical specs :)

It seems their handles are metric, as all other modern handles. But how about their heads?

Are their head threads slightly undersized, perhaps even 10-30 imperial, to spare the aluminum threads when used with steel handles?

My question derives from a desire to use an imperial handle on an Ikon head, but I don't know if it's a fit. If not, I was thinking of tapping the handle, but I have another thread for that :)

AGHisBBS likes this.
  2. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I just screwed my Icon Tech head onto my 1960's Gillette Tech handle with no binding at all. I hope that helps. Does that answer your question?

tuxxdk and macaronus like this.
  3. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I tried a Gillette Tech Fat Handle on an Ikon OSS head, which of course is stainless, and had no problems, then I tried it on the Ikon Shavecraft 102 slant which is aluminum and had no problems with that either.

AGHisBBS, tuxxdk and macaronus like this.
  4. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Without being an X3 head, it answers it perfectly - thanks guys! I'm filled with confidence now! The only "issue" may be if the older Gillette handles are worn so much they are slightly enlarged. But I doubt it'll pose that much of an impact.

AGHisBBS likes this.