In B&M, How different is First Snow and Taiga?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Fly2High, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

How different is First Snow and Taiga?

Do you have a preference?

Both sound like they have some pine scent.

Thanks

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I wouldn't mind trying the First Snow.

3. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I have the Taiga and use it often. Very woodsy - smells like an Xmas tree. Never tried First Snow.

crackstar likes this.
  4. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

yeah, they both sound good but I might feel it too redundant having too many Fir tree scents. Also, the Latha Traiga is almost half the price.

Col C, do you have or tried Stirling Scots Pine Sheep? I got the bath bar as a free sample and it smelled like I was really out in the woods. It was not that typical fake pine sol scent. If you have, which do you prefer?

crackstar likes this.
  5. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Nope - have not tried Scots Pine Sheep. I'm attending a wet shaving event in Michigan next month. Stirling will be one of the attending vendors. I hope to smell the inventory and make some more selections. There will be other soap vendors there as well and I will do the same. As scents go - I do generally enjoy the various woodsy ones.

6. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

They are both very different. Taiga has a very woodsy scent, whereas first snow has a lot of suede and some menthol.

Here is the official description of first snow:

the scent is a combination of new, suede-like leather and the beautiful freshness of fir oil, underlaid by just a kiss of menthol. Very much like walking through snow-covered woods in a new leather jacket, First Snow is the perfect compliment to the famously intense New England winters.

Here is the official description of taiga:

A fresh, sweet, woodsy scent reminiscent of walking through an alpine forest, replete with jammy balsam and resinous pine.