Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Just picked up this L6 Easy Rider. '69 was a good year.
    [​IMG]

2. Roderick

Although '69 was a good year, the first shave with the Easy rider was not. I am thinking I got a dud blade, this one could not cut butter. I will try again tomorrow and see if it gets better.

3. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Any chance you might have boogered up the blade by running it across the stops when you loaded it? I did that recently loading an I2 Hydro-magic and could've kicked myself.

GDCarrington and feeltheburn like this.
  4. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

That's really easy to do if you're loading a razor that didn't have a blade in it already.

5. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with the first blade I loaded in my I1

6. Roderick

That is a possibility. New blade tomorrow and I will know.

7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

:happy088:...Yep, those Injectors are bulletproof and guarantee a great shave for those really important situations....But with that said....I've; after using the '30 day rule,...twice; have acquired the technique with my ER1914.....To now get an excellent DFS in one pass....with another pass and a little touch-up it moves up to BBS, for those days when 'chasing the baby" just can't be avoided....ha,ha...

So I whole heartedly concur, that with a little time well spent, you will most assuredly bond with your Clog-pruf....and the MMCP is a wonderful razor once you become properly acquainted...It really is Superb, and the learning curve is shorter than some of the others...

jakie55 likes this.
  8. Bird Lives

Thanks man....this review is very hip...I'm sure it will get alot of play around here...The ER1924 Shovel headed beauty is a real 'Star' round these parts....;)

Thanks Gary....This Party needed a little Christmas sprucing-up....This was just the thing....:happy096:

SRNewb and GDCarrington like this.
  9. jakie55

[QUOTESo I whole heartedly concur, that with a little time well spent, you will most assuredly bond with your Clog-pruf....and the MMCP is a wonderful razor once you become properly acquainted...It really is Superb, and the learning curve is shorter than some of the others...][/QUOTE]

I also really like the extra weight, compared to the Shick injectors

10. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

I will have to get off my but and apply my mediocre photography skills to my Injector and SE collection. Shaved with a Pal Adjustable today. That thing looks like it is from space. Literally. It looks like a Star Trek Next Generation prop. And there is nothing wrong with that.

HoosierTrooper and Bird Lives like this.
  11. Bird Lives

There is a nick name for those that does involve "The Enterprise" or some word from Star Trek......

So For you Trekian-Palophiles......What is the slang pet name for that PAL Adjustable ? Thats todays grand prize question here at the Injector SE Party......You get this right and you and your razor can belly on up to the bar for shots of menthol.....on the House.....}8^)

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Dunzel ... a part or member that serves no useful purpose.

Because the Personna razor that it was derived from is a far better razor than the Pal Adjustable that had the extra parts and mechanisms.

[​IMG]
    The phasers in the picture above are the real deal!

13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Love the look of the Personna injectors.
    How much is a fair/reasonable price for one in good condition these days?

Only reason for asking is because I just bought one for $9

GDCarrington likes this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

You got a great deal because I have seen people pay up to $30. Fortunately that was not me that paid $30. Most range in the $15 - 20 region.

Darkbulb likes this.
  15. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

That is my take on their value as well. I have been trying to pick one up and the majority seem to be around $20 to $30. To be fair, they seem to be languishing at that price... the few listed cheaper sell though. I would buy one at $9 in a heartbeat!

Darkbulb likes this.
  16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It'll of course all come down to if it works or not...I guess I won't know until after the xmas holidays :)
    [​IMG]

Roderick, Boojum1 and GDCarrington like this.
  17. jakie55

Shaved with the shick G again.... just reinforces that this is my go to razor.... DFS / bordering on BBS

Boojum1 likes this.
  18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Congrats on your pick up. :signs154: Reasonably priced nice ones are hard to find. I didn't realize they had the male symbol on the head. Does the ladies version have the female symbol?

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

27th December 2014 Shave

A very interesting shave. The vintage Gillette Trac II Twin Injector Blade worked great in the J3 overall a nice 2 pass BBS. Now I did make one critical mistake which was the fault of user and not the razor or the blade. I found out that the double bladed injectors are thicker than the regular blades so when you use the Hydro-Magic lever the blade will not reseat properly. I got a small nick behind the ear after I used the lever and looked and found what the issue was. I reseated the blade with a jewelers screwdriver with the lever open, reclosed and the shave was great again. So for those who want to try the vintage twin blade injectors in a Hydro-Magic Schick, after the blade is seated, leave the lever in place.

[​IMG]

20. Bird Lives

GREAT INFO.....ALL SCHICK HYDRO-MAGIC USERS SHOULD READ GARY'S POST ABOVE....Thanks Gary!

Bama Samurai and GDCarrington like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.